Whack a Mole 3.0

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

ninja_master

Whack a Mole 3.0

Post by ninja_master »

Here is a Game that I have recently put together. It has been in pieces and never finished but it is now finished till now. Whack a Mole 3.0 isn't any old ordinary WAM game. It has 4 different modes of play each unique in it's own way. Three are single player and one is multiplayer. I tried to keep this game as fast, slick and small as possible and I think that worked for the most part. I programmed this in TI-Basic with the help of xLib for all of the fancy graphics. Tell me what you think, if you have any suggestions or questions just reply here and I'll address them. If you have an amazingly great (or just mediocre) idea I would be happy to hear it.

There is a link here to some videos of it in action or you can just download it and try it out yourself.

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee14 ... kaMole.flv
p.s. for some reason when I took the screenshots the right side was doing funny things but that doesn't happen on calc.

Whack-a-Mole.zip
Game Download
(14.04 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
Last edited by ninja_master on Tue 14 Jul, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wright Studios.org the place for calculator graphics.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: Whack a Mole 3.0

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hey looks pretty sweet! I personally like the big text to little text menus, the effect is quite nice.

The mole dude is pretty cool too, great job! :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

Yes, looks really good. But where's the hammer?? :-)
There is more menu than moles!!
Revolution Software
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

Yes, looks really good. But where's the hammer??
Yeah, I know, that's one thing that I didn't put in. The thing is the engine that I have in place right now is very delicate and if I change anything the speed gets all off and doesn't look right but I'll try to implement something and it's a little harder than just changing the sprite for the one part of it but I think I'm going to experiment a little more with to code to see what I can do. Thanks for the comments.
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

okay, well I looked at the code and it was actually a lot easier than I thought to put a hammer sprite in. so there you Nanowar, now it has a hammer. Plus I updated some bugs that seem to have appeared. I rebalanced the scoring and the difficulties on Classic mode and well that's about it. I updated the download file so you can just download it from there and it should work fine. :)

[Edit] I also added a new screenshot to the video link at the top of the page to see the updated program.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Hey! It's that guy from Earthbound!
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]