Pig

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Wesley

Pig

Post by Wesley »

Well, this isn't a calculator project, it's a Java project.

Pig was an assignment I got in my introductory computer science course. It originally was supposed to only be a console application, but when I had finished, I got the idea of developing a GUI for it. The GUI just kept getting bigger and bigger and I have been working on it, adding things to it as I learned more.

Pig is a Java application, which is basically just a dice game, where players take turns rolling the dice and accumulating points. Both human and computer players are available; I'm sorry, no animal players (yet). A Pig might just interrupt the play every now and then, but other than that, it is mostly animal free :P .

The application can be downloaded at: http://duggzilla.com/wesley/Pigv3.2.zip

To run the application, if you are familiar with Java, simply run Pig with the following command:
java Pig
or with your preferred choice of running Java applications!

Here is a screeny:

Let me know what you think!
ImageImage
ImageImage
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: Pig

Post by benryves »

102-nil to me. :excited: (or beginner's luck?)

The game plays well. :) Packaging it up as a .jar may make it easier to run (on Windows at least you can just double-click the .jar to run it).

(Alfred Hitchcock's Theme is technically Funeral March for a Marionette).
Wesley

Re: Pig

Post by Wesley »

Well... the computer never turns over the dice unless it either gets more points or until it rolls a 1 (in which case, it loses all points for that round). Nonetheless, good job!

Yeah, I'm just too lazy right now to package it into a .jar file right now, while working on it. I only like developing in notepad++, then compiling and running with the console. I probably need to be using Eclipse, though, just so I can get more used to it ;) .

lol, the music that was included was from an example from my textbook. I only included the Eensie Weensie Spider :D . I also edited the textbook's example to loop the music.
ImageImage
ImageImage