Metroid II: Evolution (formerly Diortem)

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Yeah, he reads maxcoderz.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

http://omnimaga.dyndns.org/index.php?showtopic=376&st=0
Metroid 2: Evolution is done. It is also "kicking ass and taking names" as the saying goes.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah Kevin has outdone himself this time ... what an awesome effort ... even tho i nearly killed it :(.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

How did you nearly kill it? O.o
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
dragon__lance

Post by dragon__lance »

xlib nearly ruined the project, though it's not really tr1p1ea's fault.Kevin got extremely frustrated with his ram being cleared by an xlib bug, and having all his progress deleated. Luckily, we got him back, and he finished the game! :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

It's a strange bug really and im unable to locate it completely. Its never occured in my projects but it does occur with Kevins. Seems that something strange happens when you use the tilemap routine and the store/recall routines together.

He finished it damn quick too ... but what happens if you check your Y= vars after the installing and playing the game?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I've been having trouble getting it to work. After loading all the programs in, and installing xlib, I ran program A.

Omnimaga
Presents

ERR:INVALID
1:Quit
2:Goto
Goto points to the Asm(prgmXTEMP000 line, but I checked the RAM, and that program does exist. I've tried clearing the RAM and reinstalling the ram files and xlib, but the same error happens. Any idea what's wrong? :?

in case it matters, my y= variables are still blank.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

is XTEMP000 deleted off your calc?
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

No, it's there. I didn't delete it until after I had the problem. And then it seems that the program creates it when it runs.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

That's because XTEMP### is an XLIB temp file.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

so, why is the program giving me an error?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

well, if one didn't already exist...no idea. Try editing it and see whats in it.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Here, have fun.
BASIC Code wrote::AnsDrawInv tanh(³Output(GDB60Gsin(ExpReg tanh(Circle(10^Vsum(ZoomStatClrHomeCubicReggetKeyPxl-On(For(sum( xor ClrHome/ nCr *(int(³∟mean(Plot2prgm∙TracePrintScreenLinReg(a+bx)►FracShade(AutoCalcOnTwoVar Pxl-Change(randevalFmin(Fix seq(7³√( 2EngStorePic DS<([ExpReg .EngStorePic For([cosh^-1^(AutoCalcOnrandM(row+cosh^-1^(AutoCalcOnfMax(DS<([ or For([mean( and Plot2Pt-Change(Polarint(randM(Plot3xroot(For([sinh^-1^(Plot2‾*row+(Med-Med [ExpReg :►DecFor([::►DMSFor([:U2UU:►DecFor([:Pt-Change(2xroot(For([Plot2Pt-Change(R>Pr(,min(ExpReg 'Menu(┼fMax(²xroot(cosh^-1^(≠fMax(LinReg(a+bx)min('Menu(┼randM(augment(*row+(►DMSxroot(pxl-Test(seq(Polarint(randM(Shade(R>Pr(:^round(pxl-Test(:□For([?sinh^-1^(:^round(:□For([prod(sinh^-1^( and ExpReg Hist While V]sum(8augment(sin(Fullround(LinReg(a+bx)identity( or P>Ry(RTraceFix nCr ^T^Prompt cos^-1^sinh^-1^([Fix Input IWEndLSStorePic mean(ClrHomepxl-Test(Pdim(∙^FuncFloatReturncos^-1^ClrHomePxl-On(θStopAutoCalcOffPt-Change(median(6RecallPic log(Pxl-Off(Input IS>(FPxl-Off( and xor MParamSplitPlot3Pxl-Off(IS>(log(abs(DrawF ]Scatter PrintScreen*row(CubicRegCubicRegGoto fMin( nCr FnOn Plot1-Then?fMin(xyLine SortD UPxl-Change(Vertical UZoomRclQuartRegEnd nCr FullS Scatter EngSortA fMax(2Rxroot(
:DR>Pr(RecallPic Pxl-Off(RecallPic ≤sin^-1^χDispGraphK∟J → AALinReg(ax+b)►Fracsinh^-1^(e^( → Shade(prod(OevalF√(seq(mean(Med-Med Sci (round(randM(□∙Tangent(CTsin(SortD R>Pr(98Ans]D. and πgetKey≤1RecallPic ►DMSZoom In°FnOff EndStoreGDB X(-Elsexroot(►Dec9]Line(iFnOn .FuncPxl-On(cos(P>Rx(TwoVar ]Pause P>Rx(min(SplitZDecimal nPr √(mean(Scisinh^-1^(BoxPlotNHabs(MRecallGDB ParamZSquarePt-Change(xyLine ►DMS³√(.Bnot(iPart(►DecPrompt M ]►Dec►DMS→ B( ►DMS Med-Med Sci Goto LinReg(ax+b)T *row(SortA LinReg(a+bx)pxl-Test(cosh(³ augment( seq( ExpReg Sequential 9 SortA LinReg(ax+b)^-1^ + and . 2►DMSBoxPlot *row(PolarSplit2►DMS randM(fMin( Pxl-On(→^-1^augment(FnInt(ln(→→ [ min(FnInt(FnInt(FnInt(min(→ [→►Dec^-1^ [PolarBoxPlot NThen XTEMP000 BoxPlotA BoxPlotXTEMP000[ ┼0 ►DMS For([AutoCalcOffClrHomesinh^-1^( A πVertical 'Vertical 0sin(tanh(1∙Pt-On(Vertical FuncEndRadianEndBoxPlotLinReg(a+bx)
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech
ninja_master

Post by ninja_master »

I got that RAM clearing bug too. It happened to me twice while doing the same thing. It is something with the sprite rutine. It made me angry though. If you could fix it xlib would make me happy(er).
Wright Studios.org the place for calculator graphics.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

I though it might have generated a corrupt temp or something...don't know then