[PC] Combat Ball

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Downloads fine over here under Opera 9/IE 7. Does clicking through "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" then "Click here to begin your download" not work for you?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

I have added another host you can use...
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

benryves wrote:Downloads fine over here under Opera 9/IE 7. Does clicking through "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" then "Click here to begin your download" not work for you?
yeah, that didn't work. I got the blank screen, like I said. It's probably my university's internet that's messing it up. My home internet's still down from the snowstorm, so I couldn't try that.

The new host works great. Thanks. :) I'll give it a shot. And I've got a feeling that I'll be able to beat it by the three years and three days your bet listed as the ending point. :mrgreen:
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

check the post again...and I am glad people like this host better.
@ compwiz: how much do you want for a trophy?
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

kk, after some bypasses through the school blocker using a decoy site, I was able to download it. Now I just gotta beat it :D.

Edit: Could you extend this to Sunday? I got a new comp at home that won't accept my jumpdrive, and I need to download the drivers to do it. Which I can't cause the internet is down.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

hmm, I'll give you a trophy for the low price of only 50 maxcoins. :D
Floodkiller wrote:Edit: Could you extend this to Sunday? I got a new comp at home that won't accept my jumpdrive, and I need to download the drivers to do it. Which I can't cause the internet is down.
Oh, you need 3 years? 2 years and 363 days isn't enough? :mrgreen: remember:
CompWiz wrote:
necro wrote:oh, realy...necro will bet everyone they can't beat this game by friday, oct 23. and provide a screen capture of the "you beat the game" room at the end of the game
hmm, let's see. The next Friday, october 23 is in 2009. So, I get the feeling that someone will have beaten it by then. :mrgreen:
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

only 2 days to get that screen shot up...anyone got any other comments on the game?
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

lol, I mean Sunday, October 29 of 2006, and that is because then I will have almost all freaking day to do it.

@necro: It's really nice, what I have played so far (5 minutes before the teacher caught me). The second level was kinda hard, but I got it. The teacher caught me on the third level.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

again, if everyone is having trouble on 1 and 2, I think I'll be keeping my pet rock.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Lol, level 1 is really easy to beat, and I said I beat level 1 and 2 already, but my teacher stopped me on 3.

Anyways, I got the internet to work at my mom's house again. As soon as winzip is installed, I should be able to play it :D.

Edit: Never mind the above comment. Apparently I need Direct 3D and DirectX 9, neither of which can I get with 98. I'll beat it this weekend.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

yeah...you'll need a modern computer unfortunately.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

Well, I get to a modern computer this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. Will you still count it if I beat the game then?
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Well, according to his original post, you have just under 3 years to beat it, so, have fun. :mrgreen:

so, how modern? specs? :D
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

@compwiz: Well, my crap comp has dial up, win 98, no graphics card. My modern comp has a geforce 6200, XP, and cable :D.

@necro:Ok, within 5 minutes I got a save game next to the UFO boss. Unfortunately, I died. However, it won't let me load my game, and I can't find the option to allow it :P. Solution please? Also, I thought that the music was kinda nice sounding for the game, even if it is the original music. How about something that is just a little more dark sounding, but ambient? I've got some loops set up with background (for gameplay) and action (for bosses) from Max Payne, already in a loop mode. You might want to find something less large to save it as for the music file type.
Background Ambience
Action Ambience
Also, get a reloading sound for the guns, or at least some sort of gauge that tells you how long you have to wait until it is reloaded.
Main Projects:

Side Projects:
???-25%

CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

to load a save game, on the main screen where it says new game, just push the left or right arrow(one of them works) and then it will say "continue". just push enter and go.

I do have to agree about the reloading. a gauge or a reloaded sound would help a lot.
Last edited by CompWiz on Tue 31 Oct, 2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.