[Staff] Grayscale Slippy Is in finally finished!

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured products are not products of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Oh ok kv. No rush just wondering thanks for the update!
The Revolution is here...
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Here a new screenie for you guys

I did some little bugfixes. Made some levels in EarlyMorning. Made the whole source LateNite "compatible" and made a nice titlescreen with great help of MadSkillz (thanks!) :)

I'm kinda bored of this project, so I'll propably will make all levels and just release it in it's current state... even if it is a lot bigger in kb than orignally planned.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Looks great! Can't wait to play it, and the title screen looks like linux :D.
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Looks nice and that penguin does look like tux. Someone should make a game with daemon as the main character.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

ha, that is because it is tux! Well pretty much anyhow.

Kv, looks great, and its good to hear you havent given up on this little beauty yet! :wink:
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

yay! What components are in the game (kinds of blocks, items, etc)?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

necro wrote:yay! What components are in the game (kinds of blocks, items, etc)?
When it comes to elements, slipyy is quite simple. A "wall" element, a "icecube" element which you can push, a "hole" element in which you can push the icecube to cross and a "coin" element which you have to gather. That's it.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Simple but very 'cool' 8).

I noticed that you are still using Duck's grayscale package. Although i think it is perfectly acceptable for this game, it might be better to switch to the RGP? Only because after releasing Desolate i noticed that a LOT of people totally ignore the readme and accuse the game of being slow because they dont understand that you have to mess with the interrupt frequency setting at the start. I know it seems astonishing that some people are unable to figure it out ... but its true.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

tr1p1ea wrote:Simple but very 'cool' 8).

I noticed that you are still using Duck's grayscale package. Although i think it is perfectly acceptable for this game, it might be better to switch to the RGP? Only because after releasing Desolate i noticed that a LOT of people totally ignore the readme and accuse the game of being slow because they dont understand that you have to mess with the interrupt frequency setting at the start. I know it seems astonishing that some people are unable to figure it out ... but its true.
Unfortunatly, Jim won't release it very soon and I'm not going to use his beta :no:
pacHa
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by pacHa »

the beta seems to work very fine though :) (83+ on pti and 83+se on real hardware)
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

pacHa wrote:the beta seems to work very fine though :) (83+ on pti and 83+se on real hardware)
As does the GPP :P. It's not a questions whether it's working or not. It's a question whether it's finished or not. I'm not going to use half-finished versions :)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Wow nice stuff Kv, I dunno why but everytime I see this I am always tempted to make a grayscale xLIB version of the same game :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

xlibman wrote:Wow nice stuff Kv, I dunno why but everytime I see this I am always tempted to make a grayscale xLIB version of the same game :mrgreen:
Propably because it's quite simple hack of a game. If I count all hours I worked on it, it maybe cost me 7 hours to make it. 2 hours to write the whole basic engine :)
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Or you could simply just set the frequency yourself kv. To six (Generally the most playable) and then the user doesnt even have to bother with it.
RGP is pretty much ready in its current state. Jim was just gonna add some more stuff to make things easier.
pacHa
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by pacHa »

kv83 wrote:
pacHa wrote:the beta seems to work very fine though :) (83+ on pti and 83+se on real hardware)
As does the GPP :P. It's not a questions whether it's working or not. It's a question whether it's finished or not. I'm not going to use half-finished versions :)
I know :) but why not using it, since it works now and it is more user-friendly than GPP (no timer setting) ? I don't get it...