[Staff] Grayscale Slippy Is in finally finished!

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured products are not products of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Hey guys. I wondered; if anyone is bored: I need the last 6 of 25 levels of the original slippy. It takes some time for someone as bad in puzzle games as me to finish them all, and i'm stuck in level 19. If someone could finish all levels and send me the savefiles, I would be really thankful. Screenshot of every level would do aswell... I have a savefile of level 19 on my other pc, so if anyone is intrested I could send that one to you. Just give me a shout.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Well I am not sure if there is, but for chips there was a level editor. I searched google for a hour or so and found it. It makes level creation very fast and easy! Hopefully you can find one of sorts.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

No leveleditor for slippy. I already searched and found nothing but my own :P
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I'll look for a download of it.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Yipeee! I finished today all levels. All hail to Dwedit for his fantastic z80disassembler. This way I didn't have to finish the last levels, and "just" disassemble the original slippy. Took some time to figure out the data, but hey, better than spending hours on solving those damn levels.

I'm rather glad that I am finally done with this baby. It took me 2 years, though I should mention that I took a lot of breaks between. If I coded it straight away, i guess it took me a week :P ah well.

Without further delay:
Download

And as a little extra, I included the whole LateNite and EarlyMorning Project Directory. This way, you can open everything and edit it easy as hell. You can even add new levels and recompile it :P Have fun with it :)

Thanks to all guys for the support!
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

is that set interrupt frequency required with all games made with duck's gs package?
Image Image Image
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

yes. except if it set by the programmer itself.

... there seems to be an error with the 83+ file. Can't get it to work, though I fixed some things here and there. Will release tommorow an updated version :)
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Awesome, I really liked the beta of this game.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Ok I fixed the bug. TI-83 and TI-83+ now work both. I took the oppertunity to change the GPP.inc to Jim E's RGP. If you guys can test it on real hardware, and tell me if it's playable or not, would be nice. On PindurTI the grayscale looks somehow not as good as with duck's, but that could be PindurTI. It's also almost 300 bytes smaller than before :)

http://kvince83.tengun.net/private/Slippy.zip
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

kv83 wrote:Ok I fixed the bug. TI-83 and TI-83+ now work both. I took the oppertunity to change the GPP.inc to Jim E's RGP. If you guys can test it on real hardware, and tell me if it's playable or not, would be nice. On PindurTI the grayscale looks somehow not as good as with duck's, but that could be PindurTI. It's also almost 300 bytes smaller than before :)

I just tried it out on my 84+SE and 83+. It runs slower on the 84+SE. It also it flickers more on the 84+SE. Other than that it's fine. I'll have more time to test the gameplay next week. :)
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

CompWiz wrote:
kv83 wrote:Ok I fixed the bug. TI-83 and TI-83+ now work both. I took the oppertunity to change the GPP.inc to Jim E's RGP. If you guys can test it on real hardware, and tell me if it's playable or not, would be nice. On PindurTI the grayscale looks somehow not as good as with duck's, but that could be PindurTI. It's also almost 300 bytes smaller than before :)

I just tried it out on my 84+SE and 83+. It runs slower on the 84+SE. It also it flickers more on the 84+SE. Other than that it's fine. I'll have more time to test the gameplay next week. :)
Thanks! Guess that the RGP is not as perfect as I thought :P Jim, if you're reading this... any idea?
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

When I coded RGP the 84s were brand new, and I didn't own one.

The 83+ it looked fine for my calc, the game execute at a good speed to. The 83+se looked better and about the same on speed(its hard to tell the difference but there significant changes in the hardware). The 84+ was deffinately flickery, But on my 84 it was faster.

The flicker can be completely removed on the silver calcs if the frequency Screen came back. let me see what I can do.

Edit: by the way Very interesting game, It is perfect for grey and its quite entertaining. It had me thinking pretty good there.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Jim e wrote:When I coded RGP the 84s were brand new, and I didn't own one.

The 83+ it looked fine for my calc, the game execute at a good speed to. The 83+se looked better and about the same on speed(its hard to tell the difference but there significant changes in the hardware). The 84+ was deffinately flickery, But on my 84 it was faster.

The flicker can be completely removed on the silver calcs if the frequency Screen came back. let me see what I can do.
hmm, it runs noticably slower on the 84+SE. and the batteries are newer in the 84+SE also.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

@Jim E: Great. I hope it helps you :) Switching from GPP to RGP was easy as hell... easier than I believed :D Good job on that! And thanks about the compliment :) How far did you get :)

I should notice that the levels were not made by me, but by the guy who made original game :) So credits goes to him about how "good" the gameplay is. I just made an engine and graphics :)
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

kv83 wrote:@Jim E: Great. I hope it helps you :) Switching from GPP to RGP was easy as hell... easier than I believed :D Good job on that! And thanks about the compliment :) How far did you get :)
My goal was to make it drop in place. Really the 2 difference between mine and ducks is mine has more speed optimised routines and has Silver support.
kv83 wrote:I should notice that the levels were not made by me, but by the guy who made original game :) So credits goes to him about how "good" the gameplay is. I just made an engine and graphics :)
I got to about the 4th level when I realised that i was supposed to check what was wrong.

Tell me, your not using any halts in your code are you? That causes an incompatiblity with the SE timers.