[Staff] Grayscale Slippy Is in finally finished!

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured products are not products of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

[Staff] Grayscale Slippy Is in finally finished!

Post by kv83 »

Yipeee! I finished today all levels. All hail to Dwedit for his fantastic z80disassembler. This way I didn't have to finish the last levels, and "just" disassemble the original slippy. Took some time to figure out the data, but hey, better than spending hours on solving those damn levels.

I'm rather glad that I am finally done with this baby. It took me 2 years, though I should mention that I took a lot of breaks between. If I coded it straight away, i guess it took me a week :P ah well.

Without further delay:
Download

And as a little extra, I included the whole LateNite and EarlyMorning Project Directory. This way, you can open everything and edit it easy as hell. You can even add new levels and recompile it :P Have fun with it :)

Thanks to all guys for the support!
Original Post wrote:Yes, more than a year has passed and I'm finally picking up this project again to finish it. Too bad noone else did.

It would be a shame if noone did. And I already started, here are the latest changes:
*Resized the level size, so it can support all the old
slippy levels! Levels are now bigger.
*Slippy can now 'transport' from one side to the another, if
nothing blocks slippy.
*Clear Button is now used for reseting the level.
*Iceblocks will be 'ereased' when moved 'out of ' the level.
*Quit the game with Mode! Yay \o/
*Size: 4359 Bytes

A screenshot of the latest build running in PTI:

And because I am such a nice quy, I will share the build with you:
Beta 1.5 for 83/83+ (ION)

Please report bugs if you find any. The new version has the 5 first levels of the orignal Slippy. Enjoy and feel free to give feedback.
Last edited by kv83 on Sun 22 Jul, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Yay

*downloads*
threefingeredguy
Calc King

XO It did a Ram Clear on lvl 2. I was picking up the last few things in the top middle and suddenly it just turned off.

On the plus side, this is GREAT and the Grayscale is much better than I had previously experienced with other GS programs.
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Does this mean Battlecards is gone, or are you working on two projects at once :?

Looks great. I have yet to test it though.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

Dunno if u got my msg kv, but the thing stalled when I finished lvl 5/6, can't remember the exact number.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

@3fg: On lvl 2? Hmm strange... i tested it a couple of times but nothing strange happened. Can you give me more details on what exactly you did.

@coelurus: No, my pc crashed. But thanks for the info. I just tested it, and you are right. I don't know what causes the bug, but I'll look into it asap.

@Rezek: I propably will first finisht his, and after that I'll propably continue BattleCards
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Looks cool so far, though I did get crashes I can't say exactly where though, seemed random.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yay, Slippy is back! This is very good news kv, i hope you can find those bugs too *glares at PindurTI debugger* :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

tr1p1ea wrote:Yay, Slippy is back! This is very good news kv, i hope you can find those bugs too *glares at PindurTI debugger* :).
I somehow can't work with it really well... I think it comes because of the grayscale routines....?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

I don't remember what I did, I was just about to pick up the last row in Level 2 and it froze. It did it on another level, but I don't remember which one.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I got a HUGE bug. I was playing slippy and the ram clears, no big deal. I hit apps and the menu appears and the cursor starts blinking, even though the apps menu is still displayed. Same with prgm and Memory menus. I can't do anything. So i take out a battery, turn it back on, and the problem is still there. I took out all the batteries and let it set and then it cleared and was fine. Any idea what caused that?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

threefingeredguy wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I got a HUGE bug. I was playing slippy and the ram clears, no big deal. I hit apps and the menu appears and the cursor starts blinking, even though the apps menu is still displayed. Same with prgm and Memory menus. I can't do anything. So i take out a battery, turn it back on, and the problem is still there. I took out all the batteries and let it set and then it cleared and was fine. Any idea what caused that?
No, but it's propably because of the game crash everyone described earlier. When the game crashes the grayscale-interupt is still on... at least that's my best guess.
Last edited by kv83 on Tue 01 Nov, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Check for stack errors, kv :)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Yeah, it sounds like its returning to the OS with the SP decremented.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

It is indeed a stack error, but strange enough it was in the "old" code. Anyway. I updated the .zip and proudly present 1.5!

- Beta 1.5 - "Don't JP away from a call"-release
*Fixed the level end bug.
*Changed the title of the program.
*Size: 4359 Bytes
*Released: 2nd November 2005

The link is the same as in the opening post:
http://kvince83.tengun.net/private/gs_slippy.zip

I hope this works now (I tested it a couple of times)