[Staff] Grayscale Slippy Is in finally finished!

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured products are not products of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Wow, that much replies :o j/k :P To be honest I wasn't expecting much replies anyway regarding this project... it's not something ground-breaking.

Anyway, just to give an update for those who are maybe just a little bit intrested :P

I just finished the new build, which got some sweet new additions:
- Beta 1.6 - "Saving the Day"-release
*Levelselection
*Auto-save of the progress
*Size: 4638 Bytes
*Released: 02nd November 2005

What needs to be done? There is a little "trick" to shave off some bytes at the levels. I also want to clean up my code a little. Also a nice background for the title-screen would be nifty! (Feel free to post one... GrayScale of course). And lastly I'll convert all of the levels of the original Slippy (25 levels) and Slippy II (10 levels) made by Alex and maybe some levels I think of myself. But don't expect anything shocking :P I'm aiming for 5500 Bytes for the whole package, but don't quote me on that.

The link to download the latest build is, as always,:
http://kvince83.tengun.net/private/gs_slippy.zip
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Nice stuff kv83, i will test it as soon as i can.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Great to hear this project is being picked up, even better to hear that it is from the original creator!

Speaking of titlescreens kv, L-man had once wanted to pick up the game after you left it for the masses to play with. So he could learn to program ASM of course. (Or maybe to release it and give you no credit what-so-ever) Anyhow, I had made him a very nifty title if I do say so myself, I'll see if I can find it, it was a little bit different in the fact that it had a shrunk down view of the level on there for a level selection, but I might have to just make another one if I cant. I dont believe he still has it.
The Revolution is here...
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Nice! Thanks a lot.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I'm currently writing a new level editor to build the new levels. I'll try to do it in VB Express 2005 this time. If it's good enough, i'll change some things and release it, so we are freed of that lousy map tool we're fed up atm
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Cool, or you can make a on calc editor like mario :D, either way I like the idea of a level editor.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

kalan_vod wrote:Cool, or you can make a on calc editor like mario :D, either way I like the idea of a level editor.
Don’t mix things up; Slippy will not support external level packs, neither will the tool I’ll make (in a native form). The tool will only support the making of maps (and maybe the tiles). Just like CalcGS… but without those strange bugs and stuff… and with a much more up-date interface and so on.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Ohh, well if we want to make a level we have to compile it ourselfs OR am I not understanding you completely. Also I get what you mean about the maps.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

kalan_vod wrote:Ohh, well if we want to make a level we have to compile it ourselfs OR am I not understanding you completely. Also I get what you mean about the maps.
Well... only if you would compile it together with the source of the game :)
solitaire710

Calc WebZine

Post by solitaire710 »

Could you email me an exclusive for CWZ about Slippy?

:)

-J^2
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

still need that titlescreen mate? I'll work on one this week and email it to you kv.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

yup. still in need.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Ok I have finished the titlescreen, and I PMed it to you over at the revsoft forums. I would post a picture here, but I thought it would be much better if kv83 did it himself, you know with some gameplay going on too and the menu working. :)

I hope it is what you were looking for man...it isnt exactly as I had made it for lman, infact I think it is better. I put three options, well because none were given to me and so I just used the most common ones. Play, Credit, Quit...but as I think about it more and more, maybe Credit should be replaced with "Level" or "Scores"...something like those might be better.

Oh and the latest version doesnt even work on my 84+ SE...Mirage doesnt work...seems like it takes forever to start up, I get to the interupt selection screen and I can go through those, but when I pick 6 it doesnt start the game, and then when I hit 2 it works but a takes a bit to actually start up the game.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

A month later, I gotta know. Has there been any more progress?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I'm working on EarlyMorning to build a tool in which I can design those levels :P