MaxCoderz

for your 1 bit pleasure!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug, 2007 4:16 am 
Sir Posts-A-Lot

driesguldolf: Yeah! That happened with me on the first release, but I never reported it. I restarted and restarted, but the lines wouldn't go away and they were on every level :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug, 2007 10:28 am 
Extreme Poster

Just resend a non damaged copy of the game to your calc, it worked for me, I'll keep the damaged copy (if kv83 wants to analyse it) on my computer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug, 2007 10:38 am 
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Yeah that is what I did :) . This was like 1 year ago when this happened to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug, 2007 10:57 am 
Maxcoderz Staff

Well, if the bug is in the RGP, I guess I can't do much. Were you able to reproduce the bug (or was this caused by RGP aswell?) when pushing the iceblock out of the screen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09 Aug, 2007 12:08 pm 
Calc King

driesguldolf wrote:
Ah yes, just as I tought

Yay found another bug:
download the game to your calc and pull the cable while you are playing, the game will hang but the grayscale will stay. Now that bug sounds familiar! Hey Jim e, there's work for ya!

I assume that for the grayscale you use a costum interrupt (IM 2), you are probabely using Jim e's GPP package, I think the bug is a stack overflow caused by outputting the wrong bytes when the interrupt finishes. Jim e once showed me how to handle an isr and I encountered the exact same bug when pulling the cable (the bug is also on wikiti).

Any news?
What calc do you have? That means that an interrupt isn't being acknowledged, a link interrupt. However the 83+ link interrupt should be disabled, That could only mean that either theres more to it than documented or that its some other hardware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 11 Aug, 2007 2:54 pm 
Extreme Poster

@kv83: nah, I can't reproduce the bug. But I still have the game file where the bug is 'activated' (if you want it to compare it with the non damaged file).

@Jim e: I have a ti83plus and a ti84plus, I've only been able to check the ti84plus OS2.21 (where the bug happens using the usb connector (the only cable I've checked btw))
I don't know about the other cables or ti83plus (wich I'll be able to test in september (don't ask)).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 13 Aug, 2007 1:21 am 
Maxcoderz Staff

Heh. To much work :P I always say. If it works again, it works. Could've been anything really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 14 Aug, 2007 10:57 pm 
Calc King

Sorry I haven't been around as much, Thats not really a bug as much as it is simply not supporting the hardware your running on.

Since its a usb interrupt, you need to disable usb hardware. I happen to know the portthat controls usb interrupts but I don't suggest using it since it may be subject to change.

There should be a bcall for it, but I forget what it is. In any case, thats something that should be handled at shell level. So in other words, just don't have the cable plugged in when you're running your programs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9