[SHATTERED OASIS] Le Poof

Projects that are no longer in development anymore.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

[SHATTERED OASIS] Le Poof

Post by BetaSword »

Ah, I return. And I'm gonna be all mysterious and say that I'm gonna have something interesting to show within the next few days (if not even later today). And if all goes well, two things will be made available for public consumption. But until then, I'll leave you all to guess.

One hint: Shattered Oasis is still alive, but in a different form...

:twisted:
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Umm, no player can seem to find the right codecs for this...
Shaun
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

None? Damn! That sucks, like, a lot... I'm gonna have to check that out...

Edit: Reuploading in .mov format...

Edit 2: http://rapidshare.de/files/3684801/Shat ... s.mov.html (4.72 mb)

Argh. Well, the .avi will work for anyone who has Camtasia...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Very nice BetaSword ... but it isnt for calcs anymore? :(.

If anyone wants the codec they can get it from here: http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecsdefault.asp :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

Well, the beta for Pocket RPG Maker just came out, and while it... Well... Doesn't have much of anything besides map editting and the walking engine... I've already imported nearly all the original sprites from the calc version. Next up: Replacing the character sprites. While it may no longer be for the calc itself, it's still gonna look like it. As in, straight black and white, nice and pixelly. Who needs color, anyways?

Plus, it's a LOT easier to make the maps in that thing. That entire area (an exact recreation of the one posted a while back, sprites and all) took maybe 10-15 minutes to make. Not to mention, all the work can now be done on my Pocket PC.

But don't worry, the same program also runs on normal PCs, so if someone doesn't have a Pocket PC, they can still use it. It's spiffy like that.

After I edit the character sprites, I'll probably post it up here.

Edit: Actually, I'm debating over whether or not to try and whip up some quick animations for the characters, too... Or at least the main character, so that it isn't just a static image sliding along... Oy.
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Very nice... Maybe you (or someone else) can port it to the calc?
Shaun
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

Well, it's on the calc at the moment... But frankly, I've kinda lost interest in the calc program, due to how freaking tedious it is to program in basic, and the fact that learning ASM would probably fry my brain. Not to mention the fact that I could only then work on it on my PC... But with this format, I can do all of it on my PPC, which is a helluva lot more convenient. But like I said before, it'll still be able to be played on a PC, along with a PPC, even though it will be in a teeny 240x320 window. But still.

Basically, as soon as I can find the graphlink cable, I'll get the stuff off my calc, and I'll put it up here for free download, so everyone can see it's calc version in the form that it's currently in.

Edit: Ooh, another improvement, methinks. I've decided to kinda redo the graphics. Basically, hi-res mode! Woo! 16x16 sprites, instead of keeping the 8x8 ones! And what's this? Indeed, one shade of grey has been thrown in for good measure! So maybe it'll look like it could be an ASM game now. Of course, I may end up keeping the 8x8 graphics if I think the new ones don't turn out well...
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

could you repost the link, it takes me to an error page when i click either of them
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

Actually, I'm gonna be posting actual screenshots of the areas with redone sprites and crap, along with screens from the new area I've made. Of course, none of these are linked together yet, and the RPG Maker isn't even finished... But yeah.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

sweeeet
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

i know that you've pretty much given up programming this game on the calc, but have you ever tried using xLib? this game could probably made done pretty easily with xLib, and xLib has tilemapping so its a lot simpler. we cant let this game die on the calc for good :D
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

Unfortunately, that would only really help with the walking engine and such... Unfortunately, there's the battle engine to worry about, too, along with all the various events and interactions... It's... Complicated, to say the least... And unfortunately, I do not think I have the skill to accomplish it on the calc anymore... *sigh*... If only Kevin were still around... He'd probably be able to do it easily... And in greyscale, no less...