[MARIO] Mario as it is now

Projects that are no longer in development anymore.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Ok, I'm a little new to this calculator game thing, so how do I put Mario onto my calculator? Also how do I put computer gibberish onto my calculator? (what is comand prompt?) :oops:
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

do you have ti connect?
Life is getting better.
CalcKing

Post by CalcKing »

Sticky: Newbe Questions - Go here to get a game on your calc

... Just to avoid needless discussion, in the wrong place. :wink:
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

What is command prompt?! :shock: It's a thingy similar to DOS that you can use to do wierd stuff with your compy. It can be found in your start menu under 'all programs/accessories' And it you are not using Windows XP it is called DOS prompt. You need it to run some programs.
bananas... o.o
Toaster
Extreme Poster

Post by Toaster »

Also click start - run and type cmd that starts it up too just on case it's not in the list. :P
Join me at:
http://nanotech.pcriot.com
or
http://emancipal.co.nr

Coming soon..
Rewrite 3D Level Editor - 55% done!!
Emancipal - The Creator 5% done
DJ

Post by DJ »

What a shame, what a shame. I was really looking forward to this game. Thanks for releasing a demo tho. I sure hope someone continues this project. It would be a real shame to have it die like this. If I could program I would definately continue this. Anyway, good work Duck.
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

w00t NICE Duck! Mario is looking awesome! The gameplay is sweet too. It does feel a little "slippery" though. When you run and try to turn, it feels like you slide a little too much, but it might just be me cause I was using VTI. Super, excellent sweet thought! 8)
Revolution Software - http://www.revsoft.org
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Nice to see you again Calv!n.n0.1 :). You might be saddened to learn that Duck has discontinued this project :(.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Ah, well sliperiness is adjustable by changing some constant. Ever played SMB3? When running and then suddenly turning direction, you'll slip 3 tiles or so. Quite much.

Indeed nice to see you again Calvin! Has been some time. Have you spoken Chickendude lately? Havent seen him in a (very!) long while, i wonder how he's doing.
Last edited by Duck on Tue 19 Apr, 2005 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

hope somebody continues mario *sob*
Life is getting better.
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

Ahh, alas, the birth and death of another game comes and goes. *sob* :cry: I don't remember the amout of "slipage" from SMB3 off the top of my head, but I'll take your word for it. I guess the slipping adds a new/fun style of play on the calc. I'm sad to see this die...

Yes, it is nice to be posting again. It seems as if my system is still intoxicated with the desire for z80. :) Hehe, hopefully when school is out I will be able to crank some goodies out.

As for chickendude; last time I talked to him, he was not interested in z80 at all. I think he only programs websites.

BTW, why did Mario die? Sorry, I think I missed something.
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Motivation and time. On university its not like school anymore... Too much things to do, too much people to keep in touch with, too much of managing my own life.

I'll have some time every now and then, but as long as I'm not working on this anymore I'll call it discontinued.
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

Duck wrote:Motivation and time. On university its not like school anymore... Too much things to do, too much people to keep in touch with, too much of managing my own life.
To some extent I know what you mean! Boarding acad is probably not as bad as uni though. ;)
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

so... anyone gonna pick this up?
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I dont really know. If it's possible to win when you reach the end of a level maybe people could make their own levels by modding the source if it's easy
ImageImageImageImage