[DDR] DDR Source

Projects that are no longer in development anymore.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

[DDR] DDR Source

Post by DarkAuron »

I've come to realize that making ports is not my style, I prefer being original, which is why harvest moon 83 failed. And unfortunately, the same fate has fallen for DDR as well. Since some of you might want to have a try at resurrecting it, I'm releasing the source. Unfortunately theres virtually no comments at all, so you'd have to piece it together on your own. Click here for the goods.

I suppose in a way that somewhat proves I'm not someone trying to imitate myself, or whatever you may think (that sounded misworded.. oh well, I don't feel like retyping anything). And I havn't left because of the whole zelda rpg war, that was only a lit match to light up the explosives.

People in just about every TI community I've looked at and been in have generally been annoying to hell, mostly because of the rush of n00bs, and the general stupidity, but what angered me moreso is of nothing being done about it. Honestly I don't personally know what to do about it, but I'm rather sick of it all, and if my leave causes changes, good or bad, so be it. I'm not done with programming, nor calculators, just being in TI communities. Those whom I trust and have spoken to already know this. Also I'm going through more hell and depression in real life, so things havn't been easy. Tankies is still being worked on, and has been worked on since my leave, but no news or screenshots will be availible to public view anywhere until its release.

There is a mite chance of my return, but unless things drastically change for the better, this'll probably be my last post. I have manually removed myself from maxcoderz staff in every way possible, so my power only remains in this board and the tankies board. From now on I go solo, I don't need a community to thrive off of.

I refuse to give out names of those who personally angered me, as I don't want to cause more friction at MC. And I'm not mad at anyone anymore, just disappointed; thus I've calmed down. I just wanted to give my little speech and let everyone know what happened instead of letting it be in mystery.

Guess that's the end of what I've got to say, and I hope things get better around here. Until then, goodbye.
Last edited by DarkAuron on Tue 20 Feb, 2007 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Right-click and Save As on that link, the server doesn't seem to know that .rar is application/octect-stream, not text/plain.
ImageImage
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

It seems to work fine for me.

Sad to see you go DarkAuron, but you have to do what you have to do.

Hopefully i will still be able to catch you on IRC from time to time. Stay well buddy.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

yeah man...sad to see you go. Hopefully I can catch you on AIM sometime. Look shit happens and you deal with it. If you feel this is the best way, I am all for it. I just dont wanna see you off and vanish like Sam. Godspeed my friend...
The Revolution is here...
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

AndySoft wrote:Right-click and Save As on that link, the server doesn't seem to know that .rar is application/octect-stream, not text/plain.
are you sure its not your computer?
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Opera goes by the Content-type. Other, less standards-compliant browsers might go by the extension.
ImageImage
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

a shameless plug for opera?
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

I prefer shameless plugs for firefox :mrgreen:
See below▼▼
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Seems the source of DDR is completely gone, lost in the backing up and transferring and moving of all my files. Unfortunate really, unless someone here has a copy of it.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194