[DDR] Status

Projects that are no longer in development anymore.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Looks realy NICE! :D

Could some explain to me what DDR actually is?

If its a music-dance game then how will it work with out music? :?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

From what I've seen DDR is either:
1- A type of RAM [main meaning]
2- A strange variety of whack-a-mole played with the feet. And bad music.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

koolmansam375 wrote: One thing: i dont think the arrows that move are supposed to cover the arrows at the top. You may already be working on fixing this seeing as its there in the screenie.

Nice title also
If you mean passing over, it's supposed to (it's actually supposed to go up and offscreen if I miss the arrow.. I don't have detection for pressing the arrows yet with accuracy). If you mean the white outline, that's because I was working really hard to get the main part done, and by the time I got done with all that, I was too tired to put in the masking. The mask graphic is there, it's just.. not used yet. Next screeny will have it working, so don't worry.
Kozak wrote: Ah looks good Smile. I do see that you have some white border around the arrows, haven't you drawn a good mask yet or is that supposed to be there?
See above.
benryves wrote: From what I've seen DDR is either:
1- A type of RAM [main meaning]
2- A strange variety of whack-a-mole played with the feet. And bad music.
Oh come on, it's terribly addicting and the music is far better than the rap crap that's coming out these days :P
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Oh come on, it's terribly addicting and the music is far better than the rap crap that's coming out these days

RIGHT ON! :P
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

sweet...simply put.
The Revolution is here...
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

I agree :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I agree with Ben on the RAM meaning triggerring first :).

Although i havent ever played the game ... i have seen it and i do like the music.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

DDR is a fun game, Ive played the real (arcade) version with the metal and plastice buttons. The music is ok, some is better than others. Some is plain wierd (techno "In the hall of the mountain king" wtf?).

How is this gonna be on a calc with no music (are you putting any in? normal users wont even realize they can listen to it on their calc) ? Half of the game is the music (possible to do but hard and people wont kno about it) and the other half which is the arrows and feet movement (which is entirely possible except your calc will smash into tiny little pieces and youll get liquid, the L part of LCD, on your shoes :) )

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Midi (calcmod style) wouldn't take up too much mem )it seems to run around 1 kb per minute), and you could store the song files in arc until they need to be accessed.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yes but it would be very difficult to have that style music AND gameplay ... even if the sound was interrupt based, im not sure if it will be fast enough.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

If I do actually work on real music for the game, I'd make a seperate version for those who don't need to waste the space for something they don't know is there and/or how to get sound.
T0RM3N7
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by T0RM3N7 »

DarkAuron wrote:If I do actually work on real music for the game, I'd make a seperate version for those who don't need to waste the space for something they don't know is there and/or how to get sound.
I'd have to agree with that. I'd love to have music with the gameplay but if others dont want it because it slows gameplay then just create a version for the 83+se cause it has more arc and a faster processor
girls=time*money
time=money
girls=money*money
money is the root of all evil
girls=(evil^1/2)*(evil^1/2)
girls=(evil^1/2)^2
girls=evil

Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

You know what you COULD do, is to calculate the speed of the songs on the calc and make midis that you can run from an mp3 player or a PC while playing :O. Also, Tr1p: LIKE THE MUSIC?!??!!!! DDR has about the worst music selection ever created :P. I still love to play the game though. AND NO CAPTAIN JACK!!!!!!
bananas... o.o
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

What exactly have you tried in the ways of DDR? Have you only been to the arcade, or have you only played a console version, or have you only tried stepmania? You need variety, and find the best for you. I strongly recommend to NOT get the Xbox version, as it.. well.. sucks. I recommend DDR Extreme if you're new to DDR, but DDRMAX and DDRMAX2 otherwise :P
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Yes, the PS(2) ones pwn the Xbox one. The Xbox pads really suck too :P, and way too much Captain Jack. It is great to do the one's in the arcade too though. It's best if you can find one that let's you play until you die on only one quarter. :D. Chucky Cheese and Malibu Grand Prix have that.
bananas... o.o