[BattleCards] Project Brief

Projects that are no longer in development anymore.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

nah speed isn't the issue. neither am I afraid of the 'difficulty' of the programming... what I am afraid of is the 'functional' implementation of that feature. If it will be done, it needs to be done good, and on a way it 'adds' something to the game. That requires hard thinking...

Again, thanks for the motivation. I am not working on it the next few days I guess, but I will pick it up next monday again :). I'll post a coin animation soon here, along with the animated screenshot.
L-Man

Post by L-Man »

awesome cant wait to see the screenie! :D
visit www.PRGMERz.tk
Lookng For new Members.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

How's it going so far? :D
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Hehe, what a coincidence that you ask, I was going to post a screenshot today of the latest build.

I've been working on the coin routine, which now works as it should. The routine is build in a way, that it could be used by all routines (for example cardroutines) rather than just determing the one who starts the game. The AI works also. So the next thing I'll work on is the win-lose conditions... I tried some things already, which didn't quite work well... so I'll have to look at that again. After that I'll propably include more stats in order to be able to create more cards. As soon as the engine is in a form which could be described as 'Beta', I'll post a topic how to 'write' own cards, so that I can gather ideas for cards... there should be a lot cards to collect :twisted:

Anyway, without further delay, here the screenshot;

I know that the graphics are not top of the notch. I did my best with the coin, so I am rather satisfied with it. The cards need some work though. The game will be enhanced graphicly anyway. The layout will be the same though :). ... Btw, CalcCapture is not really 'real-time' capturing, so the animation of the coin and everything else looks a lot smoother on calc (or even VTI)
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

It looks good already! A cool addition would be to have some graphics of monsters, though I don't know if they are present in your game.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Wow, looking very good so far! Especially the coin animation!

From what I can understand from the screenshot, each player has HP. The cards do some tricks and eventually drain the other players' HP or add your own's HP. Are there other stats to be added, or will you stay at the HP-only-thing? Also, as Kozak already aid, pictures of monsters would indeed be cool.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah, i like it! :).

Always good to see screenies of up and coming projects! :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Well, the players will be resembled by animated characters. The computer player will most likely have a monster-like character... but that's yet to be decided. The cool thing will be, when you play a 'dmg 5' (Damage 5) card, you'll see your char attacking the opponent. Just like in a turn based battle of a RPG.

@Duck: Yes, there will be more stats. Str. and Def. for sure. But also a 'hyper bar', which you fill with special rune cards. If filled you deal 1.5 x damage. I am also thinking of alignment (fire, ice, etc.) which can be changed by using cards (for example playing a fire card, will change your alignment to fire). Though I am not sure yet about that...

If you wonder what Drain 9 does; It's a combination of attacking and healing. You deal 9 damage, and receive 7 HP...
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Nice, never heared of a "rune bar" before. Sounds good. Are you planning on making a picture for each card, or a small representation of its 'powers' written on them? It would be easier to get an overview of all the different cards you posses.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Duck wrote:Are you planning on making a picture for each card, or a small representation of its 'powers' written on them? It would be easier to get an overview of all the different cards you posses.
I was thinking of symbols. A unique image for every card would take up alot of space I guess :P

Post by Guest »

Looks interesting! Of course monster-pics are cool if you want to include monsters!? hmm... If you need pics - I have some ~ they are in a game which you don't know because its in german... and it's not finished yet... Most of them are monsters, but healing and damage animations are included, too :) .
Of course there must be additional stats - what's about mana?

!Im interested in your shuffling routine! If you think it would be open source in future - please send me this routine.
Thx,
NanoWar
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

_
The log-out-time is too short. while tiping in my message I automatically logged out... why?
NanoWar
Revolution Software
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Wow...awesome kv! :D I surely want to play this game even more now! The coin animation looks tight, and I see nothing wrong with what you got so far. Gameplay was it looks sweet, just the added features would make a already great looking game, better. Keep it up man! :wink:
The Revolution is here...
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

Hmm... is it me or does this sound like an enhanced version of Meganic Wars?
http://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/m ... wars.shtml
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

yeah....kv is this true :roll: