EarlyMorning - Progress & Discussion

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Kozak, blueskies: Try the new version. It should be a lot faster when it comes to maps :) ... Big maps still cause some slowdown, but this isn't something I can change at the moment. It should be fast enough to work with however :)
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

yeah that's a lot faster, even on the big map, but there's a tiny bit of lag when drawing (1.2GHz, 512MB RAM laptop...).

why haven't you allowed deleting of maps/sprites yet? It's a pain to manually edit the xml. :)
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

blueskies wrote:yeah that's a lot faster, even on the big map, but there's a tiny bit of lag when drawing (1.2GHz, 512MB RAM laptop...).

why haven't you allowed deleting of maps/sprites yet? It's a pain to manually edit the xml. :)
I'm lazy.

Btw;If you wonder why 2px miss in the drawing screens; I forgot to turn off the "3D look" of the picturebox. Will be fixed in the next release.

I'll propably include then 1bit support aswell as deleting :)

Edit: Btw; If you manually link the EarlyMorning Files to EarlyMorning (double-click them, and select the EM.exe to open them), you can double-click them anytime to open them rightaway. Why do I mention that? When you have the emr-file in your latenite-project directory, you can double click it in the "tree" from latenite, and it will open right-away... saves some time :)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

wow You guy wants to make ASM developpement as fast as BASIC?! awesome stuff :shock: All that latenite, Early morning, Brass and API stuff keeps reminding me the ETP studio IDE for 68k calcs even more

Offtopic: you might want to enable the delete button in this section for members on their last post when no one else posted afterward tho because it might becoem handy when we accidentally click submit twice :P The other section have the delete option
ImageImageImageImage
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

xlibman wrote:Offtopic: you might want to enable the delete button in this section for members on their last post when no one else posted afterward tho because it might becoem handy when we accidentally click submit twice :P The other section have the delete option
that's a mod, and since we got no ftp rights, it won't happen.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

xlibman wrote:wow You guy wants to make ASM developpement as fast as BASIC?! awesome stuff :shock:
That would indeed be the ideal situation :)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

kv, i've had some problems with saving maps, and having them all screwed up when I open them again. I haven't had time to really figure out what/when is happening, but I just thought I'd mention it. I think it might be a problem when you close w/o saving, and it asks you to save. I'll play around a little more and see if I can recreate what was happening.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Ok. I wait for your post then. The next release will take care of some bugs, like the one Ben reported in his latenite topic. It will also add black/white support. I'll have to test that though.
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

edit - wow, I was obviously not in a clear frame of mind when I posted all that last night.. :D

mmk, finally made some screenshots of the problem I'm having. Working with a 20x20 map.

I've tried a few ways of saving, and they all end up the same way. I've tried cliking the map name, and saving. clicking the highest root name and saving.. each time I get the 'Do you want to save the changes you made to the resouce file before closing', click yes, reopen, then get this...

need any more info?
Last edited by blueskies on Mon 27 Feb, 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

If I understand you correctly you first open te file (or create a new one), make a new 20x20 map, then you save it, exit earlymorning (save it again, because he ask you to) then reopen the file and get that messed up map

Is that correct?

Could you send me your emr file?
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

yes, that's basically what's happening. I've tried redrawing the map each time, but whenever I save I get that skewed map again. I'm going to try a fresh file, redraw everything because I might be messing something up. I'll send you the .emr file now.

//edit - I just realized what the problem is (most likely).. I originally had two maps in this collection, but deleted one of them. I must have messed something up there, because in the emr file, my map was titled w/ the old map name. so basically, I think this is my fault, so don't worry about it. Just implement that delete feature! :D

//edit2 - lol. tried it again w/ a fresh file, and it did the same thing. I'm sending you the file now.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

New version, should fix all problems including blueskies one. I am so stupid. I saved all maps with only my slippy maps in mind. They only can have 6 sprites. As soon as you use more than 10 sprites, you'll get the same strange maps as blueskies.

The new version does not fix those maps. I am afraid you have to redraw them again. When saving the resource file, the problem should be gone.

Please backup all your files before opening, editing them with the new version. It's still beta, and can have bugs. In the worst case it can destroy your current files. So please backup!!!. I tested it however, and it seems to work fine :)

P.s.: Oh yeah.. it also has now a pimped version of the original icon, made by Ben. Thanks ben :)
Last edited by kv83 on Mon 27 Feb, 2006 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

hooray! Thanks kv
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

blueskies wrote:hooray! Thanks kv
I hope you notice I put some extra work in the delete function, so you can not mess up the file anymore :wink:

Edit: I also added some nice new screenies in the main topic :)
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

So uhmmm... did anyone try the new version? I was hoping on some replies after my vacation, but now I am not sure whether anyone used it at all and is so happy with it that he doesn't want to improve things OR that noone tried this at all :(