[Featured][Dev] PindurTI (Best Thread 2005)

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured projects are not projects by staff members of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Spencer wrote:With APP forceload, I've found PTI much more useful.
I'm telling you too that force loading causes some quirks in the archive apparently, at least I can't imagine any other reason. When I send an app using the proper link protocol, it seems to write other areas of the flash too. I believe this is responsible for the archive becoming dysfunctional in certain cases, to the point that the Archive function starts returning errors. I'd be glad if anyone could find out why this happens, because I don't really have the resources to test it thoroughly...

As for your comments, they are all about things to change anyway. In the right direction, hopefully. :)
Spencer wrote:I noticed a while back that on a very high resolution display that changing values in various debug panes required that you click slightly below the actual location of the value being changed. It wasn't on my computer so I can't readily reproduce it.
Well, there can be problems above 2048x1536, that's a hard-coded limit (I'll remove it of course).
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but is there a way to control when Pindur saves the ROM states? What I'm wanting to do is have my save state at the "Waiting..." screen with my shell already installed. So when I start up I just need to drag-n-drop the .82p file. (I just downloaded the 28 Aug 2006 update, so maybe this has changed already). Basically, I'm looking for an "exit without save" option.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

There is nothing like that at the moment. For the time being, you can simply prepare the calculator, close PTI and make a copy of the save state that was generated at that point. After this, make a batch file that copies it back and starts up PTI.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

Okay, that part's working now.

PS: Good work on the virtual-linking. No more VTI freezes!
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

I think i found a little bug..
Sometime a virtual calc freezes when you press then right shift with Alpha (or Alpha lock). It stays locked for a while although the other 3 calcs will keep running.
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

I'm having trouble reproducing this, but it's occurred a few times. It seems like PTI occasionally escapes its message handler and grabs full CPU. The emulator still functions, but many of its features do not. The major indicator of this is when the percentage speed display is not longer present.

Animated gifs were being recorded some time or another during that particular session of the program.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

If you hit Shift and then Ctrl and stroke the windows button (uhm yea my finger slips off the Ctrl sometimes and then..) freezes PTI solid, after a while (say 20 secs) it recovers.
note: this does not seem to happen ALL the time, but often anyway

Anyway CoBB, could you please make it TI-84+ ROM compitable? Pretty please?

And what does "RAM failed" mean? I never see that on my real calc.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

King Harold wrote:Anyway CoBB, could you please make it TI-84+ ROM compitable? Pretty please?
This is not a matter of ‘pretty please’, rather the shortage of my free time (development is stalled in practice, even though I do tinker with it a bit at times). There’s not even SE support for this reason, and the 84+ is an even more different beast.

Thanks for the bug reports by the way, they are not ignored. :)
King Harold wrote:And what does "RAM failed" mean? I never see that on my real calc.
No idea. I’ll leave that to TIOS experts.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

This is not a matter of ‘pretty please’, rather the shortage of my free time (development is stalled in practice, even though I do tinker with it a bit at times). There’s not even SE support for this reason, and the 84+ is an even more different beast.
pitty.. I guess I'll have to take the rist of debugging the USB things on-calc then.
No idea. I’ll leave that to TIOS experts.
ok, I'm not going to try to reproduce it on-calc anyway, it's way too scary, it also seems to temporarily set the contrast high.
Thanks for the bug reports by the way, they are not ignored.
good but if you don't have time then nvm about it, it isn't anything big, if i'll just be carefull not to hit the windows key at PTI while also having enabled shift and alpha and what-not.. It's a rare situation. 84+ support would be real cool though so if you ever have a shitload of time for some reason.. :)
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Sometimes I have to delete an App before one I just draged 'n dropped would appear. When that one is deleted I can add loads of Apps again and the will just appear as normal.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

A little update: you can overwrite the contents of the RAM (not the ROM!) now when pressing enter on the memory pane. The numeric value dialog accepts numbers in the usual four bases, using the postfixes b, d, h and o (uppercase also allowed). The default is base 16, so h is optional, unless the number ends in b or d (I'll probably use prefixes instead). If you press shift-enter after typing the number, it will write a little-endian word to the memory instead of a single byte.

Also, backspace is used instead of alt for screenshotting.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

CoBB wrote:Also, backspace is used instead of alt for screenshotting.
Could you move tab too? Pressing Alt+Tab and getting an animated screenshot running really starts to annoy me :P Or was that because of the Alt?
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Try it. :) No more annoyance, at least not that kind.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Added linking history graph. Only calcs attached to the hub are recorded (it can be just one too), because that’s needed for synchronisation. And unfortunately it still cannot work together with breakpoints and single stepping. That’s to be fixed later. For the time being you’ll need to find other ways to stop your program at the right point. At least you don’t need to worry about timing, since only changes are recorded.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

/me uberyays!!! You = teh rox.
Image Image Image