MaxCoderz

for your 1 bit pleasure!

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jun, 2009 5:17 am 
Calc Master

I like that second thing. One thing I always thought 2D platformers were missing was an ability to play a level through alternate perspectives/timelines and such; and Paper Mario, Mario Bros 2, and Sonic CD are the only exceptions I can recall. Maybe it was a size issue. But it gets my vote.

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jun, 2009 6:28 am 
Maxcoderz Staff

Yeah, I think though, the entire game may be played through the different perspective/timeline route. Being, there are 2 ways to change reality, you can flip into a different reality, or you can travel in time.

And I could also, if I do it right, make not only 1 time affect another, but 1 reality affect the other as well. Say I find a good point in the game [ possibly early on ] to break reality into the 2 different timelines. Then I could grant the player the ability near the "end of the game" to travel in time [ kinda, make it only on a given kind of rock or platform or something ] and have their initial travel be to the original breaking point and if they choose a different option [ assuming the breaking point is where you can, say, kill a boss after defeating him, or spare that boss ] and travel along reality #2, where at the same time or so that you originally got the ability to travel in time, you get the ability to freely travel between realities.

The cool part about this, is, I could get away with a small level [ say about the size of my original Metroid, but a little larger ] and the above ground portion as well. And then through causality I could add certain passages or change the look of the level entirely.

Though do you think people would get sick of the same levels 3 or 4 times over? lol

PostPosted: Tue 09 Jun, 2009 8:05 am 

CDI wrote:
Though do you think people would get sick of the same levels 3 or 4 times over? lol

If they are hard, no not really.
I played the same level 5 times to beat the boss with less of 2 lifes in Zero series.

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jan, 2010 7:56 pm 
Maxcoderz Staff

Just a little update here http://ijuln.net/file/MIupdate.zip feel free to report bugs and such.

The update just includes AI and a bugfix or two, and an added room.

http://sites.google.com/site/ijulnii/file/SCMI.gif

PostPosted: Tue 01 Feb, 2011 9:43 am 
Calc King

Necro Post: I know this is a pretty big necro post, but Fred this is some great work! It is a same that you didn't decide to release this "demo" elsewhere, I also liked your pixel fight..Not sure if you will read this, but I appreciate your example/demos as they lead to motivation for others!

PostPosted: Wed 27 Apr, 2011 11:08 am 

Actually, that was more than a year ;) I agree that this is awesome.