[Staff][Beta] Pure TI-le

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured projects are not projects by staff members of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Lbl/goto arent reliable, sure you can get fast speed with them with no mem leak sometimes, but when the goto instruction is encountered there is always a delay before it find the lbl. When they are at the bottom of prgm you can get 0.5 secs loading per goto, which isnt reliable. I recommend for(, while, repeat
ImageImageImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

well, I guess I understand what you mean...but I think that It'd realy depend on how many 'events' you had. I don't understand why a collison isn't an event but a dialouge opportunity is, but it doesn't realy matter.

to be neat, you COULD make animated vector characters which actualy move as there "joints" move in your battle engine. Or not, I just think that'd be the shiz.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

dysfunction wrote:And it's almost as fast even though they were in ASCII :shock:
well I meant ROL3, sry I didnt specified it :P

and #tcpa isnt Maxcoderz channel, its a general TI calc channel, altough there are some trolls who hang here. I would recommend #unitedti channel on irc://unitedti.org or #omnimaga on the efnet server
ImageImageImageImage
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

It seems JavaMan is somewhat right. He figured out if you Return from a program, the RAM used for block tracing is flushed out, thus I can defy proper syntax without having a crash. At least, that's what I'm hoping. I modified my Number testing program and it exceeded 8000 without any slowdown at all, so I threw this logic into TILEDATA, and what do you know? It runs almost 3x faster.

So if you'd like this enhancement, download the updated TILEDATA program and enjoy! The character even moves faster since his data is in there.

Download!
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Yeah he told me last night on tcpa, really good job! So no garbage collecting needed! :D. Good job java/DA I will test it later tonight!
JavaMan

Post by JavaMan »

DarkAuron, you should make an update link in your first post too, so that new guys don't get your old one. :)
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

wow I notice a speed difference indeed, nice work. Do you think you can make the lil dude movement faster as well?
ImageImageImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

quite interesting
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

New concept shots, not necessarily the items/equipment/exact stats that will be used though:

Last edited by DarkAuron on Sun 19 Aug, 2007 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

how big is the file size now, and will we see magic?
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

They look really nice DA, I hope to try it out soon when they are programmed.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

They're concept shots right now and I'll be working on magic concept screens next. I just need something to work with that I can easily transfer without killing off my calc batteries.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

you could always write it on calc and send it to debugger and save your calc from all suffering
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I've never noticed too great a drain on my calc's batteries, and I send images to it all the time- I constantly re-arrange my sprite sheets to save space, and update the images on calc, and my batteries still ususally last 4-6 months.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

that look nice, reminds me Illusiat 6 when menus are closed but graphical :)
ImageImageImageImage