[Featured][Dev] Zelda (Best Project 2005)

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured projects are not projects by staff members of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

[Featured][Dev] Zelda (Best Project 2005)

Post by kv83 »

Wow... that looks really nice man... reminds me of Zelda: Link's awakening
Last edited by kv83 on Sun 25 Dec, 2005 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

WOW! Thats coming along great Spencer!
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Yeah still looks great :).
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Very nice, some new features! You can now pick up a sword, enemies flicker when hit, you can pick up roupies, and the octorock shoots projetiles... Thats is some major quality here.

EDIT:
In the screenshot, Link is moving a block to an unaligned position. How do you store this when link leaves the current map. Is its position reset to its original position thus trashing its position information, or is its position made aligned so that it can be stored? Or, maybe, you have a list where you keep track of such key objects in the game. You may want to store its position because it has importance in the game's story.

This is just one of the problems I also encountered making Corbin, so thats why I'm curious.
Last edited by Duck on Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Glad to see you back on the forums spencer :P it looks relly good.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Duck wrote:In the screenshot, Link is moving a block to an unaligned position. How do you store this when link leaves the current map. Is its position reset to its original position thus trashing its position information, or is its position made aligned so that it can be stored? Or, maybe, you have a list where you keep track of such key objects in the game. You may want to store its position because it has importance in the game's story.
As far as I can see, it's an aligned position, duck. As you may notice link can only push the block one 'field' a time. Not less or more. So it will always be aligned, and therefor be stored just in the map (I guess).
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Nice. Thats exactly the way NES Zelda and A Link To The past handle it I believe. The only difference with NES Zelda is that in that game, Link is not forced to move along with the block when it starts moving.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I can't tell, is this the same one? http://groups.msn.com/tifreakware/83plasmiongames.msnw
if so, it is kinda laggy
bananas... o.o
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Nope, as you can see this Zelda is being made by Spencer, and the Zelda on that website, as clearly stated, has been made my Sam Heald and Harper Maddox...
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

hokay, that's good then. I don't like the other one much. Way too laggy.
bananas... o.o
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

removed
Last edited by Spencer on Mon 24 Jan, 2005 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

well, make sure there are weapons and shops! maybe you collect more items in the fields or something and you'll hafta use all the weapons for the final boss AKA links awakening
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Zelda

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Is there a screen shot of zelda? Everyone's commenting on how good it looks so I assume there must be one somewhere.

Why does Spencer keep on saying "removed"?? :wink:
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Mystery surely surrounds this project...

Who is this person "Spencer" anyway?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I have one little advice: Because of the ASM Zelda curse that haunt the TI community, all zelda coded in ASM are abbandonned. So I was thinking about some solutions to counter this problem:

1) Give your zelda program another name. For example, call it "Green boy quest" isntead of "Legend of Zelda" and don't change the name back to Zelda until the project is completed. This will dramatically increase chances that your projects will be completed. :P

or

2) Make it in BASIC or ARPGCS. The curse doesn't seems to haunt those two. :D

Of course Spencer Zelda might be an exception because from what I've seen it seems to progress quite nicely.
ImageImageImageImage