[Featured][Dev] Zelda (Best Project 2005)

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured projects are not projects by staff members of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

this is really really nice... I wanted to something similiar in Indiana Jones... never had the chance though :roll:
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

Mike K

Post by Mike K »

I must go find my eyes... they popped out of my head and I can't find 'em 'cause I can't see :shock:

Oh yeah, I also have two suggestions for the game thus far. I'm in no position to request anything, but I think:

1) The ruppee sprite should have a little shading (not shown in the most current screenshot)

2) The enemies and characters should have shadows under them. Or at least the ones that bounce, so you can tell where they "actually" are in relation to you on the ground.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

OMG! This looks so f**kin' AWESOME! I... can't... stop... looking... at... this... screen...shot... HELP ME SOMEONE!!!!!!!! :shock:
ImageImageImageImage
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

wow spencer hows it going ^.^ its really nice i like it.

keep up the good work :P.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Man Spence, I love those little touches.
Be careful with all the screen shots, you may kill someone with excitement. :twisted:
T0RM3N7
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by T0RM3N7 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
(if there was a drool smiley i would use it instead)
I almost had a heart attack, man!!
thats just as good as what I used to play on the original Game Boy(Link's Awakening for all you non-Zelda people)
Once again keep up the good work!!! :D :D :D :D
girls=time*money
time=money
girls=money*money
money is the root of all evil
girls=(evil^1/2)*(evil^1/2)
girls=(evil^1/2)^2
girls=evil

Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

@_@

UBERNESS!!!
I love how when you hit the thingy, it goes into a widescreen movie-like mode, and the edges flash, and the...well, I can't wait for this game to finish.
bananas... o.o
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

if its in BASIC i'll go blow up Microsoft, since HALF LIFE 2 PALES in comparison to this.

but its not. So i'll go drown myself.
Still working on 8 way direction movement.
Life is getting better.
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I see why Spencer doesn't want to put this in greyscale. The GRAPHICS :shock: are so extrordinary!!
jbshaler
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by jbshaler »

WOW! :shock: It looks really awesome, and not just because of the amazingly smooth and detailed graphics. I see you already have a bunch of items, switches, etc. worked in there. I can't wait to see what's next. Keep 'em coming!
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

source code???????????????
Spencer wrote:Image
Life is getting better.
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Looks good.

Will you be able to cram this into the RAM (24k)? If you are, are you approaching the code size limit already, do you think it will become a problem to implement all the features you want?

And about these tiles. In the beginning of the screenshot, there are 3 floor tiles that are 90 and 180 degrees rotated versions of the fist floor tile. Do you use some kind of advanced smart mapping technique to save space in these situations?
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Awesome...awesome. Everytime I see a new screenshot, I see new/major improvements! Keep up the sweet work man! It honestly looks tight so far! :D
The Revolution is here...
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

It's going to be a two page app.

However, it's going to require around 10,000 bytes of free RAM to hold the animated tile, object, enemy, and overhead arrays as well as the sprite overlay buffer.