xLIB source

Moderator: tr1p1ea

the_unknown_one
Calc Master

xLIB source

Post by the_unknown_one »

Hey man, as i already asked u in a pm (didnt get answer yet), could i use the (full) source of xLIB for my asm lib? Of course i'll give you credit ;)
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I also could use the souce so I could run it with ExecAsm( in Aura (.z80 or hex code in .bin is fine).

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Dysfunction, that wont work, me and Kevin found out a few days ago, when i was trying to do that with my DI routine, that it only executes asm opcodes, not programs! Sorry, but it wont work. And tr1p1ea, PLZ answer about it!
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I haven seen him online yet today, maybe he will be here this evening. It's hard because everyone have different timezone :? Or maybe he dont want to give the source at all (maybe xLIB is a top-secret program :shock: )
ImageImageImageImage
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: xLIB source

Post by kv83 »

the_unknown_one wrote:Hey man, as i already asked u in a pm (didnt get answer yet), could i use the (full) source of xLIB for my asm lib? Of course i'll give you credit ;)
Oh yeah... of course... use the whole source of one lib for another... that's like asking Sam Heald for his source of mario and than making with that source a 'new' mario

Post by Guest »

the tile mapping doesn't seem like it would be to complicated...basic tile maps using omni are easy enough if not slow...I have faith that you could do one in asm
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

auto login problems here to? :cry:
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

none for me. I only gewt auto login pb at EPS and Midknight software
ImageImageImageImage
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

To be honest it looks like tr1p want's to make his own lib, so i doubt he would want to give the source to his own. I mean why else would he have a section now.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

I just need it for some stuff, i'm not gonna use all of it! :cry: With full source, i meant that he would give the complete source, cause in another thread he said he would give part of it.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Then say which parts you need. What don't you don't understand you need to use other people's code for?

BTW: Tr1p would it be faster to make xLib an APP and use keyhooks, if so you should seriously consider it. If xLib is large it can become a pain in th ass for developers.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

I still need it fully, cause i need to see how he does some stuff.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

@unkown: You should just ask in program help, at least then it would be more your code then working off some one elses.

@kozak: definately and more can be done, But I don't think tr1p has a plus, does he?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Nah, he has the 'one-calc-to-rule-them-all' (83)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well, im gone for a few days and all hell breaks loose! :).

the_unknown_one ... i understand that you want to use strings? Well if that is the case then xLIB wont help you much as it doesnt use strings in any circumstance. I can still give you the source ... it is extremely messy as this project was NEVER meant to be actualy used by anyone ... i just wanted to know how ASM libs worked :). That said i still need to get onto my other PC to retrieve the source.

Kevin, i will probably turn xLIB into an app and use a parser hook, because it seems to be faster. THe only problem is that i haven never made and app or a hook before :). I doubt it would be too difficult thoug. The problem i have with this is that xLIB is only ~1KB ... i dont know what i could fill the remaining ~15KB's with ... otherwise it would be a great waste of space.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."