Then
N->X:O->Y
End
End
Looks really good, great job!
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

wow thats pretty small, great job, did u implemented direct input in that demo? Like in mine?
ImageImageImageImage
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Initially i did, but i changed it because getKey seemed a little bit more responsive. Maybe i should change it back just to demonstrate the direct input routine.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Well getkey it alot more responsive and seems faster IMO, but it wouldn't hurt to show more things. I would keep it like it is as you need to keep it as simple as possible.

Code: Select all

AxesOff
FnOff
1->X:1->Y
0->S:0->T
prgmMAP1
While 1
S+((X-S)=11)(X!=16)-((X-S)=0)(X!=–1->S
T+((Y-T)=7)(T!=16)-((Y-T)=0)(Y!=–1->T
real(2,0,S,T,16,16,0,12,0,8,0,0,8,0
real(1,8(X-S),8(Y-T),1,8,0,1,0,0,0,1
Repeat Ans
getKey->K
End
If K=45:Return
X+(K=26 and X!=15)-(K=24 and X!=0->N
Y+(K=34 and Y!=15)-(K=25 and Y!=0->O
If not([A](O+1,N+1
Then
N->X:O->Y
End
End
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

So my BASIC skills arent too bad then? :).

Ok, ive FINALLY got the tilemap routine working how i like. Its as fast as the old one and supports 16-bit index's with any PIC's. Though there is still the prob where it will slow down they more tiles that are >95 in an Archived PIC ... dont know how much though.

Will upload to ticalc.org maybe tonight! :).
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

YEAH!!!! Yep your basic skills have always been great.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

xLIB v0.601b has been uploaded to ticalc.org. Im not going to touch it for a while ... mainly because im sick of messing with it :).

Thanks for all your help guys! :D.

A further note, i would like people to stop bundling the xLIB app with their projects. Instead give them the link to the xLIB app in your readme. I dont want there to be slightly different versions of xLIB all over the place.

To help unify all xLIB projects, please update any past projects so that they are compatible with the latest version of xLIB. This will clear up a lot of confusion.

Thanks again :).
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

If I just link it then they may not take fourth and go get it :(. If it comes with the version of xlib that it uses then it shouldn't matter if it wasn't the current version. But if you want I will just link them. Btw Great job! I am happy with the changes as it's faster (tile mapper) and what not.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I think simply linking to it makes sense, that way you don't have to worry about updating your file when a new version of xlib comes out (provided the new version doesn't break compatibility in any routines your file uses).

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Well if I was downloading a game and I had to download anouther program then I wouldn't want to play that game. And if I was new to calcs then I would think that the programmer was lazy and didn't include the file.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

hmm not a big deal indeed, what I hate the most when I download something is to discover I will have to download something else to get it to work. Most of the time when this happen I give up and move the game to the trash can. Also since most people doesn't read readmes I'll get over 20 emails per day from people asking where to download xLIB because they get a message "XLIB NOT INSTALLED" on their calc when starting my game . I might even end up not using xLIB anymore to prevent this :( Why not including xLIB with our games but giving a link to the file at ticalc.org for those who want to have the lastest version? That would be better I think. Just make sure you specify your game work on xLIB 0.5 or higher for example

Awesome work tho I'll get the new one asap :)
ImageImageImageImage
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

You know, that's a good point. Back before I had internet on my own computer, I would go on the internet on my dad's comp for the alloted time, and download any new games that came to my attention, and bring them to my compp to load on my calc. If any of the games required me to download more files, I was stuck until the next time I could get on the net. So I think it makes sense to include xLib with the game, as well as make it clear where to go if you want the latest version.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

dysfunction wrote:You know, that's a good point. Back before I had internet on my own computer, I would go on the internet on my dad's comp for the alloted time, and download any new games that came to my attention, and bring them to my compp to load on my calc. If any of the games required me to download more files, I was stuck until the next time I could get on the net. So I think it makes sense to include xLib with the game, as well as make it clear where to go if you want the latest version.
same situation here a year ago. It was a pain to test games I downloaded :P not to mention I might lose internet access for a week or so the time I move to my new appartement this summer, also the company my mother is workign for seems to go out of business and they didnt had enough work to offer so I might lose internet in march if she can't pay cable/phone bill until then (internet would go down as well even if I pay it because its the same company than my phone/cable)</TMI>
ImageImageImageImage
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

One more thing to consider is that most people don't really read the readme. So if it said to dl xlib then they maynot get the game working b/c of that. One more thing is that you say you willn't work on this for a while? Well then we will not have to update all our files untill you update xlib (if at all). Thanks!
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

The problem is some of you guys have made and released games with non-current versions of xLIB which have little bugs in them. Even though it might be 0.601b ... its not necessarily the latest version.

I never packed venus with Desolate for the 83, i included a link to the file at ticalc.org. I dont think anyone ever asked me how to get it going.

It should be in the ticalc.org list soon ... should we spam them to feature it? :D j/k :).