Next version of xLIB - features?

Moderator: tr1p1ea

calc84maniac

Post by calc84maniac »

It means you don't have enough posts. It's a spambot deterrent.
~calc84maniac has spoken.

Projects:
F-Zero 83+
Project M (Super Mario for 83+)
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

vuurrobin wrote:why is it that I can't post something with h t t p in it and others can?
Because you can post sites after your 5th post
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Is sending PMs and email enabled under 5 posts? Because if it is, I strongly recommend that it get disabled, because last winter on Omnimaga forums a spambot validated his accoutn himself then immediately sent a scam via email to about 50 people, then he got banned and I disabled email for people under 5 posts and he signed up again under another proxy to evade the ban and sent it via PM. I'm sure lot of the people here got it.
ImageImageImageImage
JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline »

You need to use [u.r.l]link[/u.r.l] (without the periods, of course) to make the link work.
"Macs are the Perfect Computers", said the Perfect Idiot.
Testing for:
Vera
Vuurrobin

Post by Vuurrobin »

@ calc84maniac and driesguldolf

ok

DJ Omnimaga wrote:Is sending PMs and email enabled under 5 posts? Because if it is, I strongly recommend that it get disabled, because last winter on Omnimaga forums a spambot validated his accoutn himself then immediately sent a scam via email to about 50 people, then he got banned and I disabled email for people under 5 posts and he signed up again under another proxy to evade the ban and sent it via PM. I'm sure lot of the people here got it.

no its not, because I can sent PMs (haven't tried email but I guess I can)

You need to use [u.r.l]link[/u.r.l] (without the periods, of course) to make the link work.
I know, I just found it weard that h.ttp was disabeld while I could use links that didn't had h.ttp in the url.
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

Hmm, I know this topic hasnt been visted in a while but;
Suggested features to add:

colSwap;
(Matrix var,collum 1, collum 2)

Same as rowSwap(BASIC function) except for collums, switches the data of collum 1 and collum 2

Matrix->Matrix
(Source Matrix,Destination Matrix,Source row# or Source collum#,Destination Row# or Destination Collum#,0 or 1)

Stores row or collum of Source Matrix into Destination Datrix, 0 denotes collum and 1 denotes row. Target row or collum should be the same size as target row from source or it would retrun an error.

Matrix->List

Same as above except to be stored as a list
Source Matrix,Destination List,Source row# or collum#, 0 or 1)
Vuurrobin

Post by Vuurrobin »

I'm pretty sure you can do that in basic, if you are good with the commands for matrixen. (unfortunately, I'm not, but some others are)
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

It is all doable, but it would be MUCH slower and some of these things would require go-betweens or doing it element by element. It would be extremly useful to do these things in one go and store them directly instead of having to do them piece by piece. Not as much worth it in BASIC as it cant be done fast enough to apply in an action oriented game that requires continual MATRIX manipulation.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

you can do colSwap by transposing the matrix, doing a rowSwap, and transposing it again
Art_of_camelot

Post by Art_of_camelot »

you can do colSwap by transposing the matrix, doing a rowSwap, and transposing it again
I know, as I said it is all Doable. But the problem is that it's another command in between and affects the speed at which things are done. I need to be able to colSwap as fast as i can rowSwap. :(
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Why do you want to do it anyway?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

post deleted
Last edited by DJ_O on Fri 11 Jan, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I'm not entirely referring to this specific instance, but:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:Thats what I don't like about MaxCoderz programming help/ideas side, someone ask a question or post an idea and someone try to make the person feel stupid by posting "Why do you want to do that?".
In some cases it is the correct question to ask; it could be that someone doesn't know how to do something but has a guess. It might be that that guess works, but isn't the greatest solution and so stepping back and rethinking the overall design can help the person asking the question much more than letting them carry on using a suboptimal design. If you know what the person asking the question really needs to do, you can at least posit some viable alternative designs.
Imo when someone say this I see it more as:
"Shut up I don't want you to make this possible in basic"
or
"I don't want to help you because I don't want you to be able to do it and I want you to give up on the idea"
Not at all, I think you're reading too much into it. :) I'm sorry that you read it that way, but I certainly don't!
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Hey tr1p1ea, any chance of implementing that thing I was asking for? I just want to know if I should work around it instead.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Demon

Post by Demon »

Grep and Sed functions would be nice... :)
"Python has dynamic typing, and dynamic binding, which means that not only does it make a great secretary, it is also pretty damn kinky." --Henry the Adequate

<My Artwork>