Next version of xLIB - features?

Moderator: tr1p1ea

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

That would be very handy indeed benryves, thanks for pointing it out :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Sweet, it would be really cool! Just think about adding realsound ;) j/k..it would be hard to use in a basic program :S, slow to say the least.
silver calc

Post by silver calc »

Sorry if this has already been posted (or isn't possible), but you could make it so that:
1. XLib is compatible with Detached Solutions Applications (ex. Omnicalc, Symbolic, ...)
2. Have a menu with all the XLib functions, and so that you can press [+] to get a simple help screen on the function (similar to pressing [prgm][prgm] with Omnicalc installed)
Please "encourage" me to work more on Image any way you deem necessary
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

The problem with Omnicalc is that it also uses a parser hook, same as xLIB. Now i could make xLIB detect if another parser hook is installed and chain them, but it mayb cause random results.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

krolypto seems to chain the hooks properly so it can be done, however the real issue is that Symbolic and xLib use the same real() commands...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hook chaining is no big deal, however you have to install your apps in the appropriate way, another problem is that some apps may reinstall keyhooks and do weird stuff that i have control over.

And yes i was considering changing the real( token to something else but i cant do that as people seem to become upset if i bust compaitibility with even the smallest of functions, let alone all of them.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

I would like the idea of having something on calc and accessible while programming that can remind you what the functions of each command is.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

That is definately planned, ive wanted that since the start.
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

I've got another idea I just thought of. If it is possible, maybe make it so that it can load and react to matrix data while it is archived so that you could have gigantic maps without using up ram space to load it.
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Floodkiller wrote:I've got another idea I just thought of. If it is possible, maybe make it so that it can load and react to matrix data while it is archived so that you could have gigantic maps without using up ram space to load it.
Been suggested, he said it is too slow.
jimmothy

Post by jimmothy »

tr1p1ea wrote:And yes i was considering changing the real( token to something else but i cant do that as people seem to become upset if i bust compaitibility with even the smallest of functions, let alone all of them.
i was hoping that you'd be able to change it from real( because in my basic games i sometimes use real( and imag( for variables. I got nailed outa 2 hours of coding when i forgot to uninstal xlib and used this command.
But anyway, I honestly have no clue how hooks and the like work so this may seem stupid. Is there anyway that you could keep the xlib real( but allows the TIOS real( to get through? or if not could you perhaps just add a small syntax that does the exact same thing as the calc real(?
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

tr1p1a, this is your program, and your decision. If someone complains then they are disrespecting you to the highest degree
ImageImage
jimmothy

Post by jimmothy »

... I thought the reason for this forum was to see what extra features people wanted included in xlib. So please could you explain to me how brining my idea, albeit with my reasoning behind it, to the apropriate thread warrants such a responce?
If it was the reasoning that did it then i will hapily edit it out. It seems my originol goal for its adition, to avoid confusion, was severly missed.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

There is nothing wrong with your suggestion and its not the first time someone has suggested it either. And yep thats what this place is for.

I dont think i will be changing it though as it will break compatibility with every previous xLIB program.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Code: Select all

real(X
gives the same result as

Code: Select all

X - imag(X
although the last is 2 bytes longer

but, on what floodkiller said, and what also has been suggested, you could compress tilemaps to make then 1/9th* of their size, that would defenitly save some space..

*: autodetect whether any value in the matrix exceeds 255, and use 2 bytes instead of 1 if any value does (if someone has that many tiles..) or maybe 1 byte and 1 nibble? or 9 bits? that would require quite some coding (not that tr1p couldn't do it though :))

anyway tr1p, since you know how many arguments are passed, you could just return .. what was it again, Z or NZ? and use the normal real( function when only 1 argument is passed, it's not hard, even I have written a working app that does exactly that ;) (actually I just checked whether L equals 1, no one is going to pass 257 arguments)