xLIB v0.6b Testing

Moderator: tr1p1ea

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Hey, when I was just messing around with my starting program I took out the turn run ind. off by accident, and when I reinserted it into the start it works every time even after a reset. Before it was before the disp graph command and then after I put it after it. So if anyone wants to see if dispgraph then the run ind. off command works let me know?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

I dont understand what you mean :?
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

necro wrote:I dont understand what you mean :?
I placed a dispgraph command before calling xlib to turn off the run ind. and it worked everytime (the run ind. turned off) even after you reset the ram.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Strange, because I have the run indicator off function placed after dispgraph (well, real(6 actually, which is xlib's equivalent to dispgraph) and it still doesn't work after a reset.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

dysfunction wrote:Strange, because I have the run indicator off function placed after dispgraph (well, real(6 actually, which is xlib's equivalent to dispgraph) and it still doesn't work after a reset.
Well I used the Dispgraph not the xlib one, I don't think there should be a differnece, but give that command a try?
Edit: Ok this sucks, my calc just crashed badly. I was using the run archived program command and I did:

Code: Select all

real(10,2,0 ;removes all xtemp0XX programs
real(10,0,11
prgmXTEMP011
Well the problem was that the Ans wasn't updated with the program name. So after exucution it had a few dots on the home screen. So I backed up everything and then I did a full archive and ram reset. When I turned it back on it had garbage everywhere and the cursur was split into 4 (the blinking curser). Any thing I can do, I have all the batteries removed includeing the backup and I am going to let it stay like that for 23 hours? I did try just reinserting the batteries and it was even worse on the screen. This really sucks, because finals are coming up next week :x . Just wanted to let you know tr1p. about the crash, although it itsn't xlibs fault really :(.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

kalan_vod, my apologies ... i had already tested that and found out that if Ans isnt a string that it will crash badly. I implemented the fix a week ago but i havent sent out the new version.

I dont see how it would be possible for it to ruin your calc as it doesnt write to anywhere but ram.

Secondly Merthsoft asked me to implement something that is giving me lots of trouble and has me totally confused because it doesnt seem possible. Once i fix that i will release.

Tell me when your calc is better :(.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Yeah I hope so, but in the mean time I am bidding on this, I want a 83+ because I would rather program for a slower calc knowing that on a faster one the game would run even more.
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

tr1p1ea wrote:Secondly Merthsoft asked me to implement something that is giving me lots of trouble and has me totally confused because it doesnt seem possible. Once i fix that i will release.
If it's too much trouble, don't do it, though it would be useful...
Shaun
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

What is it?

necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

kalan_vod wrote:Yeah I hope so, but in the mean time I am bidding on this, I want a 83+ because I would rather program for a slower calc knowing that on a faster one the game would run even more.
I think you lost...
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

necro wrote:
kalan_vod wrote:Yeah I hope so, but in the mean time I am bidding on this, I want a 83+ because I would rather program for a slower calc knowing that on a faster one the game would run even more.
I think you lost...
I am trying on a diff. one, but anywho I plugged in my batteries today and it is the same :(. If I don't win today on a bid, I am going to go buy one (Ti84+SE?).
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Try to resend the OS, if your comp can't connect to the calc, try to resend the OS from another calc.

merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

dysfunction wrote:What is it?
Running programs that arn't archived with real(10
Shaun
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Oh, it couldn't do that before? Weird, I wonder why it's so hard? For unarchived programs, all it has to do is copy the program into a new one, and ZCopy has no problem with that iirc...

dragon__lance

Post by dragon__lance »

yeah, resource has no problem either...anyways, this is still an awesome app :P hopefully released soon...