Status

Pure BASIC fun!

Moderator: DarkAuron

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

And remember, usually when I have updates, I end up updating all the topics (well, not the landscape editor though.. still need to fix the bugs in that, but that isn't on priority atm c.c)
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

tr1p1ea wrote:and there is nothing wrong with staying up all night programming.
I didnt say theres anything wrong with it. I just couldnt do it :wink:
cheese=yum
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

I modified my wind code to work more fluidly, so it works more realisticly. I also added a new option on the main page for the Stats menu (which isn't coded yet).

I also added the display for the wind, with a changing arrow below the Wind text, and designed a shape underneath all the text, did a few tweaks here and there.. yeah, a bunch of little things that make it nicer.

You can see the changes in the Screenshots section, like always :)
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

looks great! so you think with all this work it'll be done soon? :D cuz i'm in need of a new game on my calc :wink:
cheese=yum
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Hopefully soon, especially since the second tank now exists in the gameplay (check screenshots!) :twisted:

[Edit:]
Now that the second tank is in, I've made it so it can die from either being 'bunged' (term used in gunbound for those of you who play it), or can lose its life from getting shot at and die. I also fixed a rather major bug with generating random landscapes, so now that works a lot better.

I decided to have the second human player and cpu code embedded at the end of the first player's shot code. Reason for doing this is if I put it in the main loop, it'd run much slower, and I'm running on tight speed as it is. This means it'll leap in code size, but it should maintain the same speed as it is now throughout the game.

From now until I get the code done for the other tank, things will be *ugly*. Thankfully I have backups upon backups of Tankies, but I'll probably screw up things a bunch before I get it done :x
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

*sigh* Until I sort things out in my life, Tankies is going to be on hold. I've never been so depressed in my life. I just lost the friendship with the best friend I've ever had. So much for life being fair for once..
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I am sorry for you man, do you really think you can't fix it?
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

I really don't know right now. During school I'm going to spend personal time working on research over emotions, personalities, how the mind interprets things, why we have emotions, whether we really have control over them or not, etc. I'm in a mid-life crisis now, for more reason than just losing a friend.

As for Tankies, I'm having a problem with the speed of the game. The 2nd player runs at speed that it should, but since I have it embedded within player 1's code, player 1's code has to skip all the 2nd player code every loop, causing a major slowdown. Either I can restructure the code or split Tankies into 2 programs. At first I thought the only thing I could do was split it, but now I realize I could just restructure it a bit.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Would taking a look at the code of this game help? It is very similar (though not as good ;) ) and there is no difference in speed for the players.
bananas... o.o
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Looking at other peoples' code gives me a headache ;)
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

It's been awhile any updates.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

He's been busy lately I think. I talked to him on aim, but he's usually not there.
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

I've cahtted with him on #tcpa and it looks good :D
ImageImage
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

CDI wrote:I've cahtted with him on #tcpa and it looks good :D
Do you know if he is coming back around here?
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

I've been talking to him. I duno, never asked.
Image Image Image