Moderator: DarkAuron

lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I realy like that new avatar. :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Its just good to know that Tankies is back in business, and updates are always welcome.

<side note> You new avatar is sweet :) </side note>
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

I might even bring a screenie of the new menu engine when I got it going. Yeah, I'm amazed on how good it looks even though it's only 4 colors. *stares at it*
Last edited by DarkAuron on Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Well I could just edit the previous post but I already hit reply.. oh well.

Anyhow, the titlescreen is fully converted, and the help screen has pretty much been converted to the graph screen. Now the options screen is next.. *gasp* This'll be interesting :twisted:

I once said that there'll be normal shots and special 1 time use shots, but since I've created senilym and senilym: owt, I've come to think of something: not only could I use some of the effects from them for the special shots, I could have a setup for selectable power shots as well as selectable tanks before starting up the game, AND have a power meter that regenerates a bit every turn, allowing you to use your power shot once it fills up enough.

Just throwing out some plans there. Geeze I keep coming up with more and more ideas for tankies..

Customizations planned: selectable tanks, selectable power shots (possibly with an including preview animation on the selection screen!! rawr for ideas), selectable landscapes, landscape creation via the editor (which I also still need to bugfix and release a new copy of..), more options to choose from in the options menu. (such new options would be like, to disable the loading bar, disable tank cursor rotation, changeable wind factors like the gravity option.

And that makes me think of something else: since I have more room on the graph screen, I could probably fit more on the landscape selection screen, make like a checkmark type of selection for the landscape, with the gravity and wind options below that.

Wow, I feel like this is my brainstorming post.. oh well, lots here in a single post, well worth a doublepost. *snicker* :roll:

And another thing: What would you, the audience of this project, want to see in Tankies? As if I havn't already created a huge tower of ideas! :lol:
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

screenshots! :lol: *runs and hides*
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

No I mean like game ideas, extra nifty options, etc. :) Screenies will come soon enough, just be patient ;)
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

I was just kidding :lol:

slightly off topic have you ever played gorillas? it is really about the same thing as this but in color.

ok back on topic grayscale would be nice :roll:
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Grayscale? In a pure TI-BASIC game? On more than one pixel? HA! *coughs up a hairball*
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

oops... i had forgotten that it was in grayscale. you could make it (if it is not already) so you type in a angle and power then press shoot and it follows your commands...
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

It's not in grayscale, silly. Anyways how the power/angle stuff works is you 'turn' the angle via up and down keys, to change it, and it'll stay set if you leave it alone.

Power however is a press of the 2nd key: it'll go from 1 to 40 in rapid changement and back, and you gotta press 2nd again to fire, hoping you got the power you wanted.

I'm able to get within 2 points of my desired amount and this is without delay on the SE, I'll add a delay for the SE version though.

I also thought of an easy way to add an attack just like the spider bot (I forgot the name of it) in Gunbound, where you fire, the shot will go into the ground, and then rise up, exploding once it reaches air again. This could allow for another option, Attack type: Assault or Underground. Assault basically means direct, which is a direct attack, whereas Underground is a shot that evilly runs through the ground to sneakily blow ya up :) I might try to come up with a third one, but who knows.
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

grrr.... I meant to say oops I forgot that you can't really do grayscale well in basic.... and that method kinda remids me of how the old MARIO GOLF for GAMEBOY worked...

you need different projectiles like:
light (smaller explosion but is less affected by gravity but more my wind )
regular (you already have it)
heavy (bigger explosion but can't shoot as far wind barely affects it)
bounce (it bounces once then explodes)
mole miner (call it what you will you allready said this one)
earthquake (removes 5 pixils from the top of all the terrain imbetween the two tanks)
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

Maybe even give the player the ability to call in for air support and let them drop some bombs.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Added 3 pages to the help screen, converted about half of the options screen but got frustrated with one part, and ended up having hectics this morning so I had to stop working. That's ~40 minutes of work (believe it or not). I'd make the webpage but I'm too tired right now, I've had a long and complicated day. I might post about it later. Oh, and this means no secret project info for today. :twisted: :roll: *passes out* :dead:
Last edited by DarkAuron on Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

I am glad to see that there is some progress on this game. I am really looking forward to this.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Today's update:
-Fixed a minor bug with the help screen
-Converted the rest of the options screen :D

I'll post daily updates here until I make the page on my site..
Last edited by DarkAuron on Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.