Status

Pure BASIC fun!

Moderator: DarkAuron

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Hmm, yeah I think its not really appropruiate since there is ppl who are less than 18 years old visiting this forum, but the big bang production link is very cool :)
ImageImageImageImage
topdoggb

Post by topdoggb »

no problem. i removed it and i'll change it to another one later. also, i apologize if i hijacked this topic with the talk of my game. once i start my own topic in the announce your projects section i'll erase my post. sorry about that, i know that's kinda annoying.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

I added a loading bar today for the heck of it.. only tankies related work I've done in quite some time.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Since I have free time, if I'm not in an about-to-pass-out status during school tomorrow, I'm going to work directly on Tankies. If I do have the time though, there'll be no IFs, ANDs, or BUTs about it! Soooooo hopefully we'll expect Tankies to be finished soon. What I'm going to do is copy down the code, remove a menu, finish implementing the loading bar, then make some physics tweaks (like add in the wind), add movement limits, and then add the second tank as a human player. Once I've got two tanks working, I'll add in the AI and option to play cpu or second human player, as well as different tanks to choose from.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

No IFs? (Score:-1, Flamebait)

If I do have the time though, there'll be no IFs

Error... Oxymoron... Cannot resolve sentect... *poof*
ImageImage
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Well I was about to toy back with coding tankies, but apparently it was vanished from my calc as well (same with the editor). I still don't know why my programs are disappearing all of a sudden.. it's freaking me out. Luckily I have a slightly recent copy on my computer, which is 4.5kb instead of 4.9kb, so I only lost 400 bytes but still... *sigh*.

Edit: OMG. :o How strange.. I sent my computer copy of senilym back to my calc, and when I viewed the programs list, everything came back?! :? That's.. weirrrrrrrddddd. And yes, I did try hiding and unhiding programs through mirageos and nothing came up. wow... weird. BTANKIED, INSNIQRM, LANDGEN, NTANKIES, TANKIEDT, and TANKIES all came back. I'm astonished! *hugs ti connect* :shock:
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Please tell me you backed them up once they returned?!
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

I have now! :D
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well, thats good to hear. Did you ever figure out what was causing the random behaviour of your calcs filesystem?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Nope. :insane:
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

back everything up... and FORMAT... I mean RESET RAM.... ah filesystem problems... number 6 preventable death of programs....
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

what;s the progress now?
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

thecheat wrote:what;s the progress now?
this: http://joepnet.com/hosted/maxcoderz/php ... .php?t=686

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

oops :oops: *rewinds tape/post* ?won ssergorp eht stahw *click* ok now it's unsaid.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Tankies is basically all I've got now, that and side pixel art, and since I know you people love updates, here's what I've got coming:

The menu system is no longer going to be on the homescreen, at all. In fact tankies will no longer touch the homescreen. This allows for many effects, such as...
-Text 'stretching', where the text stretches from the left to the right. Can't really explain it without showing, which I can't do right now. :)
-Background landscape. Yep, a randomized landscape will be generated when tankies starts (this can be disabled in the options menu) and shown in the background of all the menus.
-Animated spinning tank cursor for menu selections. This brings a greater atomsphere and better visual effect for Tankies.
-More room for text and menu selections. Since the Text( functions spits out smaller text (unless I added -1..), I've got more room to play with, so I don't have to make slow scrolling routines to scoll down to display everything.

I'm also going to make the help menu multi-paged, instead of scrolling you'd basically turn to the next page and see the next section of help. This makes it more organized and faster to go through.

I suppose it doesn't hurt to give updates, after all.. why not? Things are getting better for me I suppose, although I'm now bored to death. *sigh* :roll:
Last edited by DarkAuron on Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.