Shadow... a refreshing new flash series!

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Calv!n.n0.1

Shadow... a refreshing new flash series!

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

Hello all! I finally registered here. Glad to have the board back up again. :)

I have been working quite a bit with flash lately, and I have started work on my flash series, Shadow, again. It's a series about a bounty hunter named Pliskin. I had quite a bit done before, but I came up with better ideas and drawings, so I scrapped the old project and started all over again. For more info, and a goodie, check out my website. http://jonathanj.chickendude.com/flash.php
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

hey!

Post by the_unknown_one »

Calvin, good to see you! The intro looks VERY nice Keep that up!
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Snake Pliskin's Escape from NY, LA?

Atleast the music sounds cool and it has a certain ambiance. 8)
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

Thanks guys.

Kozak, I got the name Pliskin from MGS2. Good name for a bounty hunter, no? I could use some more names for more people... ;)

BTW, I need some voice actors. If you would be willing, and you think you could play the part, I would greatly appretiate it if you would make a recording of yourself saying something, and then please email it to me at jonathan_j@charter.net. I will reply via email to let you know if I will use you as a voice actor. I would really appreitiate help in this area! Thanks! :)
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

if you need a english voice with german accent, just give me a call :P
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

Sure thing. ;) Make a simple recording of yourself saying something and email it my way!
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

ha ha...nice kv!

Oh and Plisken was Hideo's little joke in MGS2...you didn't catch that Calvin!? Get it Snake...Plisken. Kurt Russel played Snake Plisken in Escape from NY and LA. Hideo likes to barrow stuff from other movies...I was reading something about MGS3 and how the bosses are similar to Old time Spiderman bosses in the comics...hmm.
The Revolution is here...
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

Hmm, I've never seen that movie so I didn't catch the joke. :p

Since Hideo does borrowing, I'm sure he won't mind me using the name Plikin. :)
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

Well, I've been animating some more. I'm getting into the slow, meticulous part right now. :P

I'd like to get some opinions. Would you guys rather see this flash film set in the future, or do you want things to stay modernish? By the future I mean where people have flying vehicles, and smaller computers, better technology. There won't be laser guns, there will still be regular guns, and there will be cars with wheels as well. ;) Give me your input on that because I need to start heading in one direction or the other.

Also, I'm open for story ideas. I'm not a good story writer by all means, so any story ideas, or whole stories that you would like to contribute and see animated would be great! :D
Revolution Software - http://www.revsoft.org
randroid

Post by randroid »

Ok first things first... can you say Cowboy Bebop? Also go with future setting like cowboy bebop it makes things much more interesting when things can fly.

And last I see somebody liked my old sig "Read Books? Yeah I do that... the kind with Visual Output and Input Pads!"