Hi all

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Hi all

Post by Duck »

What's up? Any developments since, what is it, 15 years ago? :-)

Here everything's great. Work-wise, I've been doing mainly research into machine learning in the past 7 years:
https://scholar.google.com/citations?us ... l=en&oi=ao

How's everyone else doing?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: Hi all

Post by benryves »

Glad to hear you're doing well and keeping yourself busy with interesting projects, Duck!

My day job is still PHP web development, it keeps me busy but isn't particularly aligned with my interests in the more tangible or interactive side of computing. I still tinker with electronics and older computers or game systems in my spare time, but my calculator died a few years ago (I believe the certificate is corrupt, it boots to a prompt to install system software and then hangs when attempting to install it) so I haven't been able to do much in that field.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hi Duck! Long time no see :).

You might have noticed that MaxCoderz is basically disbanded now, though some of us still check from time-to-time.

Glad to see you're doing well, and your field looks very interesting indeed!

I've been good, just ticking along with life stuff - still get the occasional opportunity to code which keeps me entertained.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Very cool work Duck! I check out this forum occasionally but I always have to reset my password.
I am currently working as a Head/Neck/Neuro radiologist in Leiden University Hospital. No more programming for me I'm afraid :twisted: ...
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Wow, completely surreal to see the original crowd respond here! And super interesting to hear how all of you are doing.

Kozak, congrats on the position! I guess that within your profession, radiologist is still closest to programming you can come without programming :-) But also I'd guess your professions is slowly transforming due to automation, e.g. this startup which is pioneering automated medical image classification based on machine learning: https://www.aidence.com/ (I know the founders pretty well, let me know if you want an intro!)

Great to hear from the others too!

Ben, I'm unconvinced by your excuse as calculators are cheap on ebay! :-)
(Still amazed that the ancient ti-83, which costs almost nothing to produce still goes for $100+... Talk about a cash cow for TI!)

tr1p1ea cool, which types of code? I'm still in awe by the games and demos you cranked out!

Cheers
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Duck wrote:Ben, I'm unconvinced by your excuse as calculators are cheap on ebay! :-)
(Still amazed that the ancient ti-83, which costs almost nothing to produce still goes for $100+... Talk about a cash cow for TI!)
As a Canadian, buying calculators on Ebay is quite hectic, because everyone charges $30-60 for shipping.

(On a side note, I did calculator game programming as far as 2016, but most of my new games were either satire or remakes)
ImageImageImageImage
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Kozak, DJ! Long time no see on the forums!

Great to hear from you all - I bet you are very busy Maarten having that as a profession :).

Duck, hobbyist coding mainly - so a bit of stuff for the newer colour calcs.

Duck, as the 'teens' decade closes out, what do you feel will be the biggest application for machine learning or what will be the biggest leap in the next decade?

(btw DJ, the satire's are great :))
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Duck wrote:Ben, I'm unconvinced by your excuse as calculators are cheap on ebay! :-)
Oh, all right then, you convinced me. :) I hope you got your commission from the seller!
20200103_153801.jpg
Great to hear from you too, Kozak, and congratulations on your position. Must keep you busy! :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hahaha really twisted your arm there I see Ben :).