This site is almost dead

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

chickendude
Extreme Poster

Re: This site is almost dead

Post by chickendude »

What have you been up to King Harold?

And DJ: I never knew there was a Dutch board, where was it? Back in the day it seemed there were a ton of incredible Dutch-speaking programmers, more Dutch-speaking than English-speaking people around. It made me want to learn Dutch. Actually, i'd still like to...
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

How did I miss the dutch TI board?!
There can never be more Dutch-speaking programmers than English-speaking programmers though, because all Dutch-speaking programmers also speak English :)

I've been up to nothing of consequence. Playing TF2 mostly..

btw what are catgirls?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Actually the dutch board is at http://www.ti-wereld.nl/phpBB3/index.php but from what I have heard before, almost nobody code there, they mostly come to ask for calc help.

Omnimaga used to have a dutch section too, back when it had about 10 dutch users, but nobody used it, so only the French section remained open. There's a german section now it seems.

As for catgirls it's somebody that started this there. What I mean is that sometimes there's some randomness going on there (some of which you might not get unless you have been around for a long while). :P

I hope eventually I can return to my former level of activity.
ImageImageImageImage
Xeda

Post by Xeda »

That screenshot looked great 0.0 I wish I could program that well... I am horrible with graphics stuff. Every time I want to start something cool like that, I gravitate toward easier programming languages. Where do you get the drive? I have such a horrible drive for such programming that I have gone out of my way to make programming languages to make my life easier x.x And I still cannot work up the stamina to code like that :cry:

Oh, and hi! I won't be around much for a few more weeks, but once I have more regular internet access, I should be around more often to chat :)
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

A little late, but thanks Xeda. The project is on temporary hold as i don't have a computer to program it from, but who knows if one of these days i'll pick back up my work on it.

For me, the most interesting part is the programming. It's far harder for me to STOP programming than to continue ;) If i could, i'd spend all day on it.
Xeda

Post by Xeda »

I know what you mean XD Once I've stopped coding something, I can't seem to get back in the mood to go back and program it more :/ It is one reason that I haven't made ore released any RPGs in a long time.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Still checking in once a while btw. Nothing to report when it comes to z80 coding tho.
chickendude
Extreme Poster

Post by chickendude »

Hey Kv! Nice to see you around, been a while since Greenlight :)