Your New Years Resolutions? (2012 Edition)

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

What are your top 3 Resolutions or Goals for 2011?

Poll ended at Sat 31 Dec, 2011 9:03 pm

Spend more time with friends and family
No votes
Exercise or loose weight
No votes
Quit a bad habit
33%
Enjoy life more, or lose stress overall
33%
Get out of debt, or earn more
No votes
Learn something new
17%
Get a better education / job
17%
Travel
No votes
Help others
No votes
Get organized
No votes

Total votes: 6

DigiTan
Calc Master

Your New Years Resolutions? (2012 Edition)

Post by DigiTan »

Alright everybody! It's New Years resolution time again! 2011 style!
[edit] 2012 now

*Crickets*

HEY! This is a big deal, people! With upside-down economies, various wikileakings across the globe, and kooky 2012 prophecies this should be a very big year! Think of it as another 1999, but with way lower expectations. :P

Everyone knows the drill. Just provide a generic list of stuff you want to accomplish within the next year. Next year, we can bump the topic and see how far everyone's gone. Be sure to check out the poll and vote for your top 3. The polls stay open til 2012.
Last edited by DigiTan on Sun 01 Jan, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
DigiTan
Calc Master

Re: Your New Years Resolutions? (2011 Edition)

Post by DigiTan »

Whoo-hoo! First post 2011! So much pressure, so much pressure! :rofl:

Well, this year I had about 10 areas I wanted to improve on. But you might say the first order of business boiled down to 3 general areas...

-------------------------------------------------------
Find a better job
Long story short, company ownership changed last year and guess who we got? Dictators! That's right! Do you like elitism, micro-management, and knee-jerk reactions? Then you'll love my company. Did I mention, anyone lacking lap dog qualities becomes a lightning rod for the next demotion? Where else can you see a 2-story machine, have a single component catch fire, then have your "fearless leader" (with zero mechanical knowledge) order you to REPLACE said 2-story machine IMMEDIATELY!

Oh. By the way. That "component"...happened to be a flammable liquid. Nevermind then.

Oh yeah... And technology-wise, we're pathetic now. Our social structures is so unstable, and so intimidated that all the advanced projects--the really progressive stuff--is frozen now. As you'd imagine, the job market for engineers suddenly seems a lot more appealing. :rofl: Whew! That was cathartic.

More artwork, damnit!
Draw, pardner! I think doing more patent-style concept art in my spare time would be a start. Actually this tied into a previous New Years resolution, but my current art is disorganized and winds up just about any paper with blank space. Eventually it would be kind of cool to get into clay/plasticine modeling for 3D concept art. It's got to be fun right?

Procrastinate less
This was last on my list. Oh the irony!
Projects:

benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I watch Blu-ray films on my PC so would quite like to upgrade to a "full HD" monitor at some point from my current 1680x1050 resolution.

Other than that rather obvious poor joke, I've never made any new year resolutions. They seem rather optimistic to me, and I prefer to expect the worst and either be proved correct or be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed. ;-)

Best of luck with your resolutions, though. :-)
Galandros

Post by Galandros »

A fresh new year to try to be more productive while enjoying life better, i.e. less idle time doing nothing or getting strength for working, work first, enjoy later and have more variety of hobbies, I spend too much on computer, so play more guitar (I want to be better at it), catch up books left behind, hear new and fantastic music and be more "socially succeeded" (I discovered in 2010 it is more rewarding than I thought).
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

That's a good one. It's hard to image all the cool projects and Robot War stuff I could've gotten done if I wern't watching youtube all the time. There must me some way for me get my Little Kuriboh episodes and be productive in 2011!
Projects:

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Finish some TI related projects...
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Yeah, never really had any this year. Keep up with exercising. Get a job and hopefully work on some TI projects! Yeah...I guess that will do.
The Revolution is here...