how smart are you

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kalan_vod
Calc King

how smart are you

Post by kalan_vod »

Congratulations, Kalan!
Your IQ score is 113 thats what i got

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index-p ... =&supp=&z=
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

131 and I'm a Visual Linguist. :D
I'm not a genius but, I'm still pretty happy with it, of course ignorance is bliss.

I'll just have study harder to get that 165 :wink:
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I am quite smart:

Oh wait, you mean the more American meaning of "smart"? :wink:
I need to enter an email address and set up an account to use the IQ test you linked, so I can't really help on that count.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

so 165 is max?
so i got a 68% booo lol
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

Congratulations, Crimson!
Your IQ score is 127

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.
ive gotten better on real tests though... :?

anyway, from what i understand of IQ tests they really dont work, for istance, on the SAT's I scored a 798 in reading (of 800 for non-americans), but i suck at math so i got like ~500. but because the scores are combined it really renders the results meaningless, for all the people looking at the score know I did great in math... but besides that you cant even tell what kinds of things I did good on (i may suck especially bad in geometry for instance). IQ tests work the same way, and in fact were never intended to be used to mesure IQ in the first place, they were developed in france as a way to determine if little kids had potential to do well in school. So, in essence, any reflection on IQ provided by an IQ test is at best sketchy and at worst accidental, lots of people are genuises in one aspect but compleat fools in other aspects (ex: my reading vs my math)... you can see what im talking about just by reading the description it provided: "especially ones that involve math or logic." (on logic there right, but you should have seen me struggle to do the basic math in those questions)

anyway [/lecture]

btw, last i heard 130+ is considered genius.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

I'm the oppsite, i haven't taken the real sat yet but back in 7th grade i took the pre-sat(whatever its called) i got about 600 math but a meger 300 in uh... whats the other one called, i aint not good with word usin. :D

No, i think, not sure, 165+ is genius and 120+ is gifted, and i think the highest normal test can score is 200, after that you need special test.

I think iq measure your Potential for solving logical problems. not necessaraly how smart you are, just how smart your likely to become if you appiled yourself.
Mortal-God

Post by Mortal-God »

[quote] Congratulations, Mortal-God!
Your IQ score is 138

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns â€â€Â
sic
Site Admin

Post by sic »

[quote]Your IQ score is 140

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others â€â€Â
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.
that nailed me... though i felt a bit odd answering "very acurate" to #80 ;)
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Scores vary per test, I believe proper tests you have to pay a lot of money for result in scores of 130+ for geniuses, online tests can sometimes hit the 200's.
jbshaler
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by jbshaler »

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.
That's what I got last time I took one of these tests, too.
sic
Site Admin

Post by sic »

Arcane Wizard wrote:Scores vary per test, I believe proper tests you have to pay a lot of money for result in scores of 130+ for geniuses, online tests can sometimes hit the 200's.
Yes, that is why I don't really trust the online IQ tests - after all, they are trying to sell you an IQ report. If your score is high, you are more likely to buy the report. Therefore, they have a vested interest in giving you a high score.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

My score was a 131- but my actual IQ is 164... these online tests aren't very accurate.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

couldnt test it..but on otheres I got 150.
Life is getting better.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

I've always had between 120-135 in these tests :p Did that one a while ago, got 122 and Visual Mathematician. This means I'm gifted at spotting patterns â€â€Â