how smart are you

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

yeah you must have an IQ of 666 :twisted:
ImageImageImageImage
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

hop wrote:I'm so smart that I didn't do this test.
That's the winner :D
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

I got 160 on the Tickle test, and 175 on the iqtest.com one
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

lol I'm so far behind x.x

but actually this is interesting, because tickle had a promotion recently and they sent me a detailled report of my test via email, I am gonna try to post some details here

EDIT
Kevin,
As a top-scorer on Tickle's IQ Test, the
in-depth analysis of your IQ score is FREE.

You'll find out:
How your IQ compares to others
Your intellectual strengths
Answers to all test questions
Simple ways to improve your IQ... and more!
Your Intellectual Type Is:
You've got a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind. You're able to whittle even the most complex situation down to comprehensible component parts. In short, you have mastered the art and science of precision. That's what makes you a Precision Processor.

For you, life is a series of equations. Your brain is naturally predisposed to intense mathematical acuity, and your understanding of numerical problems is unparalleled. It's second nature for you to cut to the heart of an issue, so that you can discover quick solutions to problems while others get bogged down in unnecessary details.
Your 4 Intelligence Scales

Now let's look at the factors that contribute to you being a Precision Processor with a 111 IQ score.

Based on the results of your test, Tickle divided your scores into four distinguishable dimensions — mathematical intelligence, visual-spatial intelligence, linguistic intelligence and logic intelligence.

Here's how each of your intelligence scores break down:

Mathematical Intelligence
Your Mathematical Percentile

You scored in the 80th percentile on the mathematical intelligence scale.This means that you scored higher than 70% - 80% of people who took the test and that 20% - 30% scored higher than you did. The scale above illustrates this visually.

Your mathematical intelligence score represents your combined ability to reason and calculate. You scored relatively high, which means you're probably the one your friends look to when splitting the lunch bill or calculating your waitresses' tip. You may or may not be known as a math whiz, but number crunching might come a little easier to you than it does others.

This is the kind of question that helped to determine your mathematical intelligence score:

A boy is 4 years old and his sister is three times as old as he is. When the boy is 12 years old, how old will his sister be? 16, 20, 24, 28, 32.

answer: 20.
The sister is (3 )three times older than her (4) four-year-old brother. Three times 4 is 12, in other words, when he is four, she is 12. Twelve years old is 8 years older than 4 years old, which makes her 8 years older than him. This never changes. Therefore, when he is 12, she is still 8 years older, or 12+8=20.

Flexing Your Math Muscles
Like anything, keeping or improving your math talents requires practice. Here are some everyday mental exercises that could be particularly helpful to you:
Balancing your checkbook
Figuring out your monthly budget
Predicting what the change will be the next time you buy something
Calculating your waitperson's tip in your head

Visual-Spatial Intelligence
Your Visual-Spatial Percentile

You scored in the 70th percentile on the visual-spatial intelligence scale.
This means that you scored higher than 60% - 70% of people who took the test and that 30% - 40% scored higher than you did. The scale above illustrates this visually.

The visual-spatial component of intelligence measures your ability to extract a visual pattern and from that envision what should come next in a sequence. Your score was relatively high, which could mean that you're the one navigating the map when you're on an outing with friends. You have, in some capacity, an ability to think in pictures. Maybe this strength comes out in subtle ways, like how you play chess or form metaphors.

Vision Quest
Like anything, keeping or improving visual-spatial talents requires some practice. Here are some everyday mental exercises that will be particularly helpful to you:
Playing chess, or video games like Tetris
Studying maps and become the navigator on your next trip
Sculpting or photography

Linguistic Intelligence
Your Linguistic Percentile

You scored in the 30th percentile on the linguistic intelligence scale.
This means that you scored higher than 20% - 30% of people who took the test and that 70% - 80% scored higher than you did. The scale above illustrates this visually.

Linguistic abilities include reading, writing and communicating with words. Tickle's test measures knowledge of vocabulary, ease in completing word analogies and the ability to think critically about a statement based on its semantic structure. Your score was relatively low, which could just mean that you convey ideas through other means than verbally. Or maybe it just means you find other ways to spend your time than doing crossword puzzles.

Here's the type of question that contributed to your linguistic intelligence scale score:

Inept is the opposite of:

Answer: Skillful.

The answer is derived by prior knowledge that "inept" means "unskillful" (Oxford Concise Dictionary).

Word Power
Like anything, keeping or improving linguistic talents requires some practice. Here are some everyday mental exercises that will be particularly helpful to you:
Doing crossword puzzles
Start reading just for fun
Befriending your dictionary
The next time something breaks, try reading the instruction book first

Logical Intelligence
Your Logical Percentile

You scored in the 70th percentile on the logical intelligence scale.
This means that you scored higher than 60% - 70% of people who took the test and that 30% - 40% scored higher than you did. The scale above illustrates this visually.

Tickle's logical intelligence questions assess your ability to think things through. The questions determine the extent to which you use reasoning and logic to determine the best solution to a problem. Your logic score was relatively high, which could mean that when the car breaks down, your friends look to you to help figure out not only what's wrong, but how to fix it and how you're going to get to the next gas station.

Here's the kind of question that contributed to your logical intelligence score:

If some Wicks are Slicks and some Slicks are Snicks, then some Wicks are definitely Snicks.

Answer: False
The statement is false because while some Wicks might be Slicks, there is no conclusive proof that any of them might be Snicks.

Logic Lessons
Like anything, keeping or improving logical talents requires some practice. Here are some everyday mental exercises that will be particularly helpful to you:
Trying some brain teasers
Throwing away the instructions and relying on instinct to fix something
Playing chess

What do all these percentiles mean?
For each scale, Tickle determined how many people received scores above and below yours. Your "percentile" represents what percentage of people scored lower than you. In other words, 90th percentile means you scored higher than 80 to 90% of people did.

How are the percentiles determined? These percentiles were determined based on the one million users who have already taken our test. We then adjusted these percentiles based on a nationally representative IQ distribution to make sure that no level of intelligence was over- or underrepresented in the analysis. Thus, the percentiles we present reflect your score compared with people in the United States in general.

What factors helped determine my score?
If your score isn't as high as you thought it would be, remember that there are plenty of external factors that can affect your performance on the test. If you were tired, hungry or distracted, you might have scored lower than you expected because you were less able to concentrate.

Your level of formal education and your familiarity with taking these kinds of tests also influence how well you do. That's part of the reason IQ tests aren't a perfect measure of your intelligence. Your score would probably be quite different if the IQ test was designed to take into account your musical, artistic, emotional and social skills.

On their own, IQ scores can't predict someone's ultimate success or definitive potential for success. Many of the qualities that lead to great achievements are learned through culture, experience and schooling - not solely from doing well on an IQ test.

What your IQ test can help explain, however, is how your brain works best. By looking at the kinds of questions you answered correctly and the kinds of questions you answered incorrectly, we can tell you more about your intelligence type — the type that explains the kind of information that makes sense to your brain.
Basically
mathematical-70-80%
visual-spatial-60-70%
linguistic-20-30%
logical intelligence-60-70%

I seem to average higher in math stuff for some reasons. And my so incredibly low linguistic score may be because english is not my native language. However, I think no matter if i passed the test in french I would still get in the 30s because I did tried tests before in french and i got similar results. Just try to talk to me on IRC, MSN, Yahoo, AIM or ICQ and you will probably understand why i get low scores in that area XD I often pissed off people by having to make them repeat when asking them a question that i alerady asked a week ago to them or misunderstanding their questions or what they say at all x.x
ImageImageImageImage
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

131 :D

math

visual/spatial

linguistic
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

you forgot to post the logical bar x.x
ImageImageImageImage
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Congratulations, Michael!
Your IQ score is 120

Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194