And thus, I return

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DJ_O
Calc King

And thus, I return

Post by DJ_O »

Hello, I doubt lot of people here remembers me, but there is some who might. Back in the days I used to post under Kévin nickname, then after leaving for half a year, it got changed to xlibman, to finally change to my Omnimaga one, after one year without posting here. I am actually the author of the Reign of Legends, Illusiat, Reuben Quest series and Metroid II, which I made with ideas/help from CDI, who made the original Metroid for calcs.

Actually, I would like to apologise for everything bad I done in the TI community in the past years. I would also like to apologise for having broken one of the forums rules by signing up a second account two weeks ago, Ragol666.

Actually here's why i did this. Because I had a bad reputation in many sites and IRC channels because I often made a huge things about arguments, bad comments and small fights caused just by inter community competition, I felt it was near impossible for me to come back behind, and I never wanted to leave the community as a whole. So what I decided to do, is to try to sneak past this bad reputation, by signing up as a totally new user, pretending to be another experienced BASIC programmer, and when my new rep is built, then I would reveal myself once RL4 is released. However, a recent event involving hacking threat forced me to manage my IRC channel, thus, revealing myself (since I had to use the nickname DJ_Omnimaga to set a ban), so my plan kinda broke from here.

Some people may see this as some kind of prank, but I just tried to get rid of my old reputation in the TI community and come back in the days where i enjoyed the community the most (mid oct 2004 to mid feb 2005), so sorry again for that rule breaking, and I guess now you'll see me under DJ Omnimaga.

Another thing is that I always willed to make a xLIB RPG one day, no matter how long it would take to be done, so here came RL4, meant to be a major improvement in speed from RL3. So I will probably be active for a bit more, altough not as much since I am in appartment and have much less time and own another calc forum.

Thanks for understanding.
ImageImageImageImage
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Glad to see you back Kevin, like many i am keeping a good eye on ROL4 :D.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Welcome back kevin, this is very interesting! I would not have ever guessed you being Ragol666, until I saw your code :P. I am glad that you are back in the game, and I am here to help, at least for moral support if not programming.

*kalan hugs, and starts to get scared...post count..I can not keep up :P
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

I suspected this right when Ragol posted about his location and such on Omnimaga. Looks like I was right; welcome back DJ Omnimaga!
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Heh, never suspected it :) Welcome back and good luck with your new project!
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Welcome back. :D It's nice to have you back in the community. Good luck with the project - I look forwards to its release!
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

DJ_Omnimaga wrote:The ability equipement
Québecian? :) Welcome back!
Revolution Software
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

For the sake of brevity, I am not going to quote various parts of the initial post because I would end up quoting most of it. However, I feel like I must quote this bit of the #TCPA log from the 6th.
#tcpa log, 6 July 2006, all times EDT wrote: 21:51:07 < Nikky> You're Kevin, aren't you?
21:52:49 < Nikky> oh hmm, maybe not
21:53:13 < Ragol666> no
21:53:24 < Ragol666> he's canadian too, right?
21:53:38 < Nikky> yes
21:53:41 < Ragol666> he made lot of french games
21:53:52 < Ragol666> so i was guessing he was either canadian or french
21:53:53 < Nikky> your hostmask was sililar
21:53:58 < Nikky> similar
21:54:00 < Ragol666> but the last name sounded more canadian-ish
21:54:06 < Ragol666> my hostmask?
21:54:18 < Nikky> and you were on UTI, omnimaga and tcpa :)
21:54:21 < Nikky> mc.videotron.ca
21:54:30 < Ragol666> oh, my internet provider
21:54:32 < Nikky> !seen Kevin_O
21:54:40 < Ragol666> he is probably quebecker then
21:54:45 <@efneTI86> I found 121 matches to your query; please refine it to see any output.
21:54:45 < Ragol666> i am too btw
21:54:50 < Nikky> I think he was
21:54:54 < Ragol666> ok
(Emphasis mine.)

So, in order to shake your previous bad reputation, you felt it would be beneficial to lie to us. Uh-huh. In my eyes, that hurt your cause, not helped it.

Everyone else, interpret this as you wish.
ImageImage
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Im not sure anyone really cares about him hiding under the radar for a week or two. He isnt the only person to do it either.

Plus lots of us are just looking forward to ROL4 :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

tr1p1ea wrote:Im not sure anyone really cares about him hiding under the radar for a week or two. He isnt the only person to do it either.

I agree with you, it's not really a bad thing to lay low and scope it out.
Shaun
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

True, and so far I find it interesting that in the entire TI community only one person so far said something negative about this, unless others did it privately. Thanks for those who understand
ImageImageImageImage
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Welcome back, Kevin :)
It's Kevin, right? I'm easily confused with all the nicknames ;)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Yeah, I used to be Kevin from mid 2003 to 2006 I think, then the two months I were here afterward I had the nick xlibman

EDIT: Looking at the off topic section there still doesn't seem to be goodies given to newbies here yet, when spelli comes back I think I will ask him to come here to give peanuts to new people
ImageImageImageImage
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Merthsoft wrote:
tr1p1ea wrote:Im not sure anyone really cares about him hiding under the radar for a week or two. He isnt the only person to do it either.

I agree with you, it's not really a bad thing to lay low and scope it out.
me third
True, and so far I find it interesting that in the entire TI community only one person so far said something negative about this, unless others did it privately. Thanks for those who understand
I still believe many people greatly respect you for your contributions to the Ti Community, for example Reuben Quest and ROL1-3. Now that you've announced ROL4, I think people are waiting for a glorious return.

Anyways, good to see you again Kevin!
Image Image Image
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I suppose I can understand what you were doing and why, but IMO you should have told the people who questioned you in private who you really were and what you were doing.
ImageImage