USB mouse going crazy

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

__Guest_

USB mouse going crazy

Post by __Guest_ »

I have a problem with my USB mouse. I always had it before, but it happened rarely, not it got extremly worse. The simple movement I do with the mouse, sometimes the cursor will dissapear, and reappears somewhere random on the screen, and sometimes when moving it will quicly go at the bottom left corner of the screen. I wonder what could be causing the problem?
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

The fact that it is USB probably has nothing to do with it..
Is it optical? If so, get something to put between your table and your mouse.. If that doesn't work maybe your mouse is broken?
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

There's something interfering with the optical sensor of your mouse, like a hair or some dust.

Clean mouse + mousepad.
Last edited by hop on Sun 15 Jul, 2007 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Oh and I would like to add that my wireless optical mouse goes berserk when the batteries are almost depleted. Well not the mouse itself obviously, but it sends the pointer everywhere (signal gets corrupted on low power or something?? I'm not a mouse-expert so I wouldn't know) also it gives no warning whatsoever when the batteries are close to depleted.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I kinda ruined my mouse, so it doesnt like to right click .. oh well!

Mice can be a prob ... but then again they can be a savior!
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

King Harold wrote:Oh and I would like to add that my wireless optical mouse goes berserk when the batteries are almost depleted. Well not the mouse itself obviously, but it sends the pointer everywhere (signal gets corrupted on low power or something?? I'm not a mouse-expert so I wouldn't know) also it gives no warning whatsoever when the batteries are close to depleted.
Low power = crappy optical sensing + crappy wireless signal. Wireless mice suck.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

No more "pulling the wire" though :)
I wish it would use wireless electricity though.. (and yes that does exist, but maybe not powerful enough?)
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

How do you even notice the wire?

Note that forwards and backwards mouse motion < sideways motion due to monitor resolutions.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Well I had a lot to say but suddenly I realized that it is pointless to explain why I don't like pulling a wire. I just don't like it, so that's the end of it. My mouse - my choice.
But to answer your question: it restricts my movements. It just does, you can't argue that.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

What you can't argue is that wireless mice don't always work - which a mouse should, and respond poorly regardless of how you maintain them. On top of that the batteries are much worse for the environment and you can only be hindered by wires through your own fault.
Last edited by hop on Sun 15 Jul, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

That wouldn't change anything, no matter who's fault it is I would still dislike them
And if it were my fault, I'm not about to do anything about it - I will change the mouse before I'd change myself
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

King Harold wrote:I will change the mouse before I'd change myself
Then get a wired laser mouse.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

That would result in my hating my mouse again..
This mouse works fine, until the batteries are low on power which only happens about 3 times every year anyway. So this mouse annoys me 3 times a year, and other (wired) mouses annoy me every day, obviously I'll stick with this one.
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

I have a dejavu...

Is your mouse working again Ragol666?
__Guest_

Post by __Guest_ »

Well, I still have problems, but a bit less worse