USB mouse going crazy

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

but driesguldolf, what if you'd just buy normal Duracell batteries and replace them 3 times a year? works for me.. And I can tell from experience that the signal does not noticeably diminish until the very end when it dies (which sucks because you don't get any warning that way), I haven't had a lot radio interference, I couldn't care less that my mouse's resolution is 2 pixels TO THE LEFT and only 1 to the right, top and bottom (but it's odd), the weight balancing seems ok but it's a bit heavy.. and as far as costs go: how poor do you think we are hop?
Rechargeable batteries are even worse than wire mice.. why? because they need to be recharged! And no one besides driesguldolf cares for the environment anyway, because it's outside and your computer most likely isn't.
So people who use Mac's agree with hop.. let's not start there that would just lead to flaming.. close to that already
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

King Harold wrote:Rechargeable batteries are even worse than wire mice.. why? because they need to be recharged!
I believe the point he was making was that they are better than having to shell out on new batteries each time. And I was also assuming that he was referring to rechargable devices with a docking/charging station of some description, not conventional removable batteries.
And no one besides driesguldolf cares for the environment anyway, because it's outside and your computer most likely isn't.
That's one of the strangest statements I've ever read.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

King Harold wrote:and as far as costs go: how poor do you think we are hop?
Relatively, silly, you can get a better wired mouse for less money - both if you get an expensive wired mouse or an inexpensive one.
And no one besides driesguldolf cares for the environment anyway, because it's outside and your computer most likely isn't.
lolwut?
So people who use Mac's agree with hop.. let's not start there that would just lead to flaming.. close to that already
Even desingers with macs know better. Go ahead, ask them.
King Harold wrote:I'm not a mouse-expert so I wouldn't know
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

Ok, this is hilarious! :D:D:D

First, sorry I got anyone confused with my english, I know it's not even close to perfect...

@hop & KH: I had the feeling you were argueing about opinions, wich you shouldn't.

@benryves: yup thats what I meant but I couldn't find the right words, so I gave a cryptic explanation... :mrgreen:
King Harold wrote:And no one besides driesguldolf cares for the environment anyway
Oh no, if I'm the only one who cares, then the world is doomed for sure!
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

driesguldolf wrote:@hop & KH: I had the feeling you were argueing about opinions, wich you shouldn't.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

hop wrote:
driesguldolf wrote:@hop & KH: I had the feeling you were argueing about opinions, wich you shouldn't.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
ok ok, you win. :kitty:
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

hop and I always argue about opinions.. maybe because ours always differ.. And yes the world is doomed, only you and Gore (and his worshipers, he has become a religion) care about the environment. *

No hop I'm not a mouse-expert, but I know what I hate and the wire of a wired mouse is among the things I hate. I had to both push and pull the damn wire when I was playing games (Oblivion, Guild Wars, WoW, HalfLife) and I hated that because it slowed me down. These days I only hate my mouse when the batteries are depleted and they only are so about 3 times a year as I already said, so obviously I hate it less. So I choose the lesser of 2 evils..

*special note to driesguldolf: the world is most certainly doomed. But it doesn't matter, no one lives forever, and if you die anyway, it doesn't really matter whether it's sooner or later, does it? In fact, if everyone would die right now, no one would be bothered by it because they'd be dead.. Sounds like a solution ;)
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

I never discussed if you hated them or not ~_ .

What mouse did you have/do you have now?
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Wireless optical mouse of course, otherwise I'd hate my own mouse eh? Used to have a wired optical mouse..
It eats 2 batteries, 1 of them is always empty earlier than the other.. Always the battery on the left when you hold it upside down and the with front pointing away from you.
Ok I agree that it would suck mightily for drawing since it skips every second pixel when you move left, but I can't draw anyway so....
Atleast, that is on my main computer, on my crap computers with MMX processors I have the ball mice that came with them (bought for €8 each - screen, keyboard, mouse, all included, nice deals). I can't use those computers for anything that requires a good mouse anyway since they are too slow..
My sister has my old wired optical mouse (she doesn't hate it but she doesn't play any fast games that might require pulling the wire..)
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

What mouse, not what kind.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

It's been a while since a perfectly fine thread was ruined by pointless bickering.

A mouse is a mouse, they all have their uses ... accept it.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."