Who Wants Four Free Memory Cards?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Homestar
Extreme Poster

Who Wants Four Free Memory Cards?

Post by Homestar »

In honor of the veterans who died for our country (United States), to start off the memorial day weekend, our family decided to clean out the garage yesterday.

Anyway, however that sentence relates to this topic I don't really know. But I did manage to (later) find four of my memory cards I had long forgotten about!

Shall I continue?...______....______...
Ok, I was thinking these might be useful to someone else, even though they are far too small for my uses.
I talked to my friends, family, ect. and no one I knew had any real use for them.

So I was thinking about the nice people on Maxcoderz. Why not give them to them?

Rather than throwing these precious cards away, I figured it would be worth up to two dollars shipping send these cards to
someone who could use them. Yes Hop, I do have a green side to me, you can call me Keep America Beautiful Man for short.

Ok, here's the description of the cards starting from the left:

First is the Secure Jump Drive, which is a 128 MB flash drive, and has a special program that comes with it, allowing all your important
information to be ultra-super-protected. And unless you have the program on your computer, the special compartment doesn't show up
when you insert the card. Personally I never used it, but it's there. Complimentary key chain ring and cap included!

The rest are SD cards, and are useful for whatever you have that takes them. They might also be used as a flash drive for files, or in a
Camera for taking digital pictures.
The first is 256MB, the second, 32MB, and the third 16MB

Anyone who is interested please post here what you would do with them and the country you live in.

I haven't decided if I am willing to ship them overseas yet. does anyone know the general cost from say... the US to Netherlands?
If enough people post, a contest may be in order. ALL APLICANTS APPLY, although if shipping is too high,
they may be limited to continental US residents, that is yet to be decided.

BTW, who was it a while ago, who was asking for donations for a camera? does it use SD?
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

that must be pretty old, 16 MB is just right for about.. 2 pictures maybe? On the highest res ofcourse, otherwise there are no details.

Nice anyway, but you probably shouldn't ship to the netherlands, that would be more expensive than buying them here - if you want it to be fast (and buying them would be even faster still).
You could send them by regular snail-mail for a few bucks, if you dont mind them arriving 2 months after you send them. they might not like the jump drive though.

btw, why are they on a flag?
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

I wouldn't mind taking them unless someone else really wants them.
Image Image Image
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

You never know how you can use the memory cards with a graphing calculator... :twisted:
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

If you find a way to connect them...
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

King Harold wrote:If you find a way to connect them...
If it's possible to do this, then it's possible to connect anything to a calculator somehow.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

you got a point there...
lets connect them to harddisks :)

on topic: I wouldn't mind having a few more memory cards, who pays the 'couple of bucks' it's going to cost though? Surely homestar you're not going to pay to get rid of them?
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

King Harold wrote: why are they on a flag?
It's memorial weekend over here in the US, the first weekend of summer for grade-school students, and a day we honor the veterans of our country... just thought I'd be patriotic.
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

Actually, yes he is.... :wink:

meaning these are absolutely free! You pay no shipping, and nothing for the cards!

Those with Wii's would probably like them, as, the Wii does use SD cards for game saving, does it not? :wink:
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

I'd love one of those SD cards - my Tablet has an SD card slot, but I'm afraid I have none. :(
Image Image Image
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

those look tasty. how do they taste with cheese?
I think, therefore iMac
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

how much space does a wii use for save files?
Image Image Image
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

I don't know exactly how large the wii saves are, but the memory Cards for the PS2 only held 8 MB, so even the 16 should hold several game's memory. Don't underestimate 16 MB, as although it is relatively small... for holding/transferring Word Documents it is great. For example, you go to school and want to lend a friend some files :wink: . You're not going to be set back if he somehow loses your freebie 16 MB SD. BTW It did hold up to 8 full quality 6-MegaPixel pictures from my camera. An entire Nintendo 64 game (as some are below 12 MB) would fit on the card! Don't forget it also comes with a 32, 256 SD, and a 128 Security Flash Drive. Besides the Wii, even the 16 will hold many computer game saves for transfer to other computers.

I also interpret the previous posts up to this point, that the only applicants are:

Laizon - doesn't really care...
AnyKey - as he is very hungry... CHEESE!
King Harold - wants to add them to his collection.
and Kerm Martin, as he might possibly have a use for them.

Doesn't look like anyone followed the instructions... plz don't be vague on what you want to use them for.
homestar wrote:Anyone who is interested please post here what you would do with them and the country you live in.
Just to confirm it, I AM paying for the shipping, as asking for money ect. would be far too much of a hassle. Also the CHOSEN ONE will PM/Email me his address, so-as to keep it off the public cyberspace.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Let me be more specific about the SD cards. My elderly Palm does not sync properly, but it does have a working SD slot. My tablet PC also has an SD slot. I think I also have a usb<-->sd plug-in adapter somewhere. My uses for the small ones would be as storage and transfer for the palm, and laptop<-->other computers for the large one. And flash drives always come in handy.
Image Image Image
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

My main usage would probably be the transfer of files from my computer to my parents printer. I have my own printer but it's crappy, and my parents printer as a SD slot (and a mini-usb port for some reason, I'll try and connect my 84p to it someday).
For text files, 16 MB is quite something. And most text+small-pictures files shouldn't be too big either.

Netherlands (europe)