Music

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kalan_vod
Calc King

Music

Post by kalan_vod »

I wanted to create a thread that discussed various forms of music, to expand music selections of my own.

About seven months ago I was told to take a listen to The Dresden Dolls, and I did. I was turned away immediately, as it was different. Last night while shuffling through my play list, it came upon one of their songs. I have not been able to stop listening to them since.

I just wanted to get some opinions of this and some other thoughts of obscure music (by my nature it is different).
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

I’m fine with them, but it’s not something I’d call obscure.

If you want something more unusual, then check out Flëur. Or Traband. ;)
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

How are they different? Do you mean from what you normally listen to, or different and obscure in music? There's loads of stuff like this being played in plays and dance performances and stuff, and there's lots of similar bands too.

I don't see how music can be obscure any more, with every musician and his dog having a myspace account, mp3's, etc.
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

A couple cool bands you may have never heard of: Widespread Panic, and Westboand Train. I recomend them both.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I meant to my normal, and SS I worked a Widespread Panic concert..was not really impressed, they did drink a lot of beer though ;).
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

Kalan_Vod, you worked one of there concerts, that's awsome. I love them honestly.

EDIT: Some other good obscure stuff is The Churchills and New Maximum Donkey (there recordings aren't great though).
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Super Speler wrote:A couple cool bands you may have never heard of: Widespread Panic, and Westboand Train. I recomend them both.
I saw Westbound Train at Ska Weekend last year. They were awesome.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

It's time to post bands or producers that just play at the local clubs and don't have a website or myspace or any other online place with any digital recording of their music.
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

I could write a whole list of bands I love without recorded material, but it would be difficult for people here to track them down, listen to them, or even find information (being not online). It's much better for me to post about bands that people here can listen to.

By the way, 'I'm in a battle of the bands' next saterday, if I end up recording audio or video I'll post it here.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Super Speler wrote:I could write a whole list of bands I love without recorded material, but it would be difficult for people here to track them down, listen to them, or even find information (being not online). It's much better for me to post about bands that people here can listen to.

By the way, 'I'm in a battle of the bands' next saterday, if I end up recording audio or video I'll post it here.
I would love to hear that.

I work many concerts, being I work special event for Anheuser Busch (Budweiser). Recently I worked Static X, it was really good but the best band there was 2Cents. I love their music, the lead vocals plays the drums at the front center (turn side ways, where he sings to the crowd and plays with out facing the drums). This is something I have never seen before, I consider this being very talented. Not only that, he sounds like Jack Black when he talks (only, not when he sings) so it is pretty funny ;).
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

kalan_vod wrote:Recently I worked Static X, it was really good but the best band there was 2Cents.
Oh my dear, when I went to the page, it started playing Victims of Pop Culture. It’s insanely hilarious! :lol:
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

callenish circle
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Does anyone know what band made the music in GunZ the duel?

not many ppl do anyway, you can get it here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/axs7yu
or here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=REZDVYM4
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

hop wrote:callenish circle
This here wtfowns all the silly teenage-voiced pop-rock blink182 copycats posted in this thread.

They be Dutch.
They quit.
Their site doesn't have samples of any kind any more.
Their myspace has the 3 worst songs of their worst album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJe6uVJgLhM
Live recording = failaudioquality making the vocals sound crap, but you get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbiTwfBp ... ed&search=
better sound quality but nwa is for pussys.

Their older albums are brutal. Whine to me on irc.
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

Somewhat on topic: apperently a very local (one member lives two houses down) band is now available on iTunes: Hugs For Strangers. It was kind of cool when I saw this because they've never played outside of NY :). There a good band, but they get boring after listening to all there music once.