Electronics Replicated?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

NeoScriptor

Electronics Replicated?

Post by NeoScriptor »

Hi,

I realize I may sound like an idiot for saying this, but is there any way to get a piece of electronic equipment "replicated", "reproduced", or otherwise "remade"? This is disregarding patents and those copyright laws and whatnot. I have a board with special connectors on it, and no schematics. I have just never heard of a place that could do such a thing, but it'd really help me out if anyone else has.

Thanks!

EDIT: I seem to have found a site that is similar to what I'm looking for:
http://www.mitsi.com/Engineering/reverse.htm
~"In a 32-bit world, you're a 2-bit user."-Weird Al Yankovich~
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

It depends on the components. Unknown chips or chips that have been read-disabled have to be reverse engineered using highly-specialized, high-expensive equipment. Obsolete or discontinued parts are just as bothersome; their manufacturers enforce minimum purchase quantities in the 1,000's or higher before they renew production. What's the board from?
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
NeoScriptor

Post by NeoScriptor »

It's a Sega Dreamcast Broadband Adapter. I really want one, but at 100 bucks, it's terrible. So, I thought, if I have to pay a hundred bucks, might as well try to get them produced and sell them for a little cheaper. But, I get an estimate, and it's in the thousands, so that's out the window.
~"In a 32-bit world, you're a 2-bit user."-Weird Al Yankovich~