Senioritis

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Do you have senioritis?

Poll ended at Thu 14 Jun, 2007 1:01 am

I never asked that question before.
No votes
I have asked that question before, and I don't know.
9%
Yes, I am beginning to exhibit symptoms of senioritis.
9%
Yes, I now have senioritis.
9%
Yes, I have had senioritis for quite some time now.
36%
I used to have senioritis, but now I'm cured.
18%
No, I do not have senioritis.
18%
STFU, slacker.
No votes

Total votes: 11

King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

that is old news.. no offense ofcourse, because it is very true, and not only in America.

I always thought there'd be some evil plot behind it..

but then, I think the same of just about everything that displeases me

we'll never know how much of it is really as stated in that article, the fact are probably mostly true, but the relations between them might be a bit.. you know...
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

"Turn on, tune in, drop out."

Greatest words spoken in western society in the past millenium.

Wether there was a great scheme behind it or it unintentionally evolved from political, sociological, and economical factors, there is no doubt that modern society has been formed throughout the 1900's to become very unnatural.

In some ways this dogma is increasing. Look at the prominent subjects of modern media exposure, the decision making in modern politics that focus more on the heritage and behaviour of a politician than his political stance, and the coruption and commercial influence fueling wars (war on terrorism, war on drugs, war on whatever).

In other ways we have been ridding ourselves from it. Look at the hippies and subsequent counter cultures, increasingly rational liberalism in politics, individualisation, and so on.

Of course taking hallucinogens all day or blindly opposing society aren't the end all be all answers to libration from unnatural systems. But these extremes should remind us of a search by our fellow souls for greater peacefullness in society when the extremes of oppression remind us of something far worse.

International politics and economics have a good use for supporting health of the international community. They should not influence mindfullness. Mindfullness has great use in being human, it should influence everything, but not blindly so. Both these ideals require you to "turn on, tune in, and drop out", just not in the way mainstream society pretends to understand this notion.

Turn on to your experience of life, tune into experiencing it, drop out of the wrong paths in your experience - not turn onto drugs, tune into conspiracy theories, and drop out of society. Society is one of the things we should want to conserve.

(Not that drugs can't help society just as music, art, and literature can - in fact, it has and exactly through those means, but too much of anything is a misapplication.)

I firmly believe society would greatly benefit from a second psychedelic revolution or what have you, except this time it's understanding wouldnt be in its infancy any more and could rid society of the negatives extremes of materialism we still see grow today. I just hope it'll be on time and I can play my part. Or already am.