Which is worse: ME or Vista?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Which is worse: ME or Vista, and why?

ME - Vista is shinier!
47%
Vista - ME was rather bad, but usable
12%
Both suck. I hate MS!
24%
Neither. They may have problems but they make up for it
6%
No idea or no opinion in the matter.
12%

Total votes: 17

leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

I don't think Microsoft will ever release something as bad as Me again. It was really that bad. From what i've heard, Vista is quite an improvement, but it's also very heavy and needs to mature a bit.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

threefingeredguy wrote:You can't get a job programming macs? I'd better return that money and call Apple and give them a warning.
who is going to hire you to make movies in ilife or listen to itunes? Setting aside programming, which is almost entirely pc due to suites like visulual studio, a lot of work exist in data mining, recording, matienence, etc. And what programs are the most common for those, oh right, pc accsess and excel. I could go on, but the 90 odd percent of the market that is pc subsequently is where careers are as opposed to mac. Of course, if mac ever got a clue and made their os run windows programs, maybe things would be diffrent.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

The majority isn't everything, and you only need one decent job at a time.
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

necro wrote:Of course, if mac ever got a clue and made their os run windows programs, maybe things would be diffrent.
Excuse me?
I'm pretty sure there's this nifty piece of software called BootCamp that does exactly that...
Can we please not flame macs?
Oh, and plenty of graphics and web-related development gets done in osx, if we're going to continue on this subject.
I think, therefore iMac
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

Yeah, I installed a boot camp beta on my computer, just need to find a copy of WinXP with Service Pack 2 (aparently Service Pack 1 doesn't work).
randroid

Post by randroid »

ME definatly, cause it still doesn't work well to this day. As far as Vista goes, well its Vista, its new, its gonna have bugs. Wait till Service Pack 1 if you don't feel like taking a gamble. My 2 cents. (Agh still being new member, yay for trying to come back and post again)