"Visit TI facility?" Z80OMG!

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

^o^
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Which building is that? I know of a large facility on 75, a new one on Renner and Alma, and the calculator one which is near Spring Creek and 75.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

This will be the mega-facility at Spring Creek. My first visit, they had several city block's worth of buildings ranging from offices to chip fabs, a gym+outdoor track, parking garages, a power substation, a chemical plant, and possibly some kind of health clinic.

This particular building is not very far the defense facilities where they managed military projects like the famous AIM-9M Sidewinder, CIWS (anti-everything gun), and the upcoming microwave beam-based airport defense system. Those products are done by Raytheon, but I believe TI designed the new phased-array radar antennas that go in the new jet fighters. 8)

Our tour will be where they produce their new 65nm chips. They say the DMOS VI building produces up to 30,000 wafers per month when fully loaded. :shock:
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

D'oh! Well, as you probably guessed by now, I missed the tour. Due to an unrelated school assignment I had to choose between missing the tour, or taking a zero on a ~somewhat important assignment. So I figured there will be other tours.

To make up for it, I'll revisit the TI sites when the weather clears to get some pictures with my new camera. They should give some idea of the scope & scale of these facilities. Site visits will include:

* TI South Campus
Warehousing and shipping is done here. TI South is located along one of the urban green belts and is the nicest-looking TI facility IMHO, other than maybe RFAB.

* TI North Campus
The main headquarters & fabrication area.

* TI RFAB
The new building where all the latest 300mm wafers are coming from. The building is extensively energy-efficient and designed to cut down on pollution and energy waste.
Last edited by DigiTan on Sat 14 Apr, 2007 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Ahh well, maybe you can sneak in some other time :X.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."