Travian

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

hop wrote:Well, our alliance is just the guys from work and the son of one of them. We're not really organised, so there's not much of a point to ally with us when you're smaller, though we obviously accept NAPs. You can always offer it in the embassy.

I currently have all resources at 10 and am 100% focussing on training my army:
800 praetorians for defense. (done)
800 imperians for offense and long-term reinforcements for allies. (done)
1000 Equites Imperatoris for raiding and short-term reinforcements for allies.

Reinforcing allies is basically what I play for. They get harassed by larger villages all the time and attacking people gets you gangbanged by whole alliances, so I'll just be upgrading resources and training more and more horses to help everyone. I'm one of the two with a proper defensive army, so the others can send their troops they're training to my village where they're safe from getting slaughtered. This way they can slowly build up an army whithout losing the couple of troops they trained in a day from an attack by someone with thousands of troops. I think this is the most fun thing about the game so far.
And when you decide that a village has gotten too powerful for you liking...BAM! :D
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Sweet, the admin just handed out 15 free gold for everyone (about 12:00 EST)!!!
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

I couldn't use my resources in the morning, so I got robbed while people attacked me! :x
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Homestar wrote:Sweet, the admin just handed out 15 free gold for everyone (about 12:00 EST)!!!
Yeah, the database server got messed up. It was possible for some (me) to build troops instantly. Then the whole database server went down. Nobody here at work could do it, so maybe it was just me :P (sorry) Whole database was reset to 10 hours before.

I trained 120 Equites Imperatoris and leved my hero mansion that day. Doing it again today. :<
cartj

Post by cartj »

They just made a u.s. only and a Great Brittan only server(.us and .uk) Its nice to start out equal to everyone else.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Anybody got any thoughts on ways to help out allies when they're being attacked?

Obviously already knowing about sending troops and resources or messaging the attacker.
cartj

Post by cartj »

Right now I am under constant attack from someone with a pop. of like 970. Unfortunately no one in the mc alliance could really help me against someone so that size. :(
@hop:
Only the things you suggested before like having them send all their troops to you.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Yeah attacking is pretty lame. I had 800 troops reinforcing someone's village and someone comes along without scouting attacks with 1100, kills all of mine but loses 1000+. I mean, that's not only annoying for me (they where only spare troops, my horsies are still complete >:)) but totally crap for him as he only got like 3000 resources out of it total and now doesn't have any significant attacking force left whatsoever.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

I wish there were attack limitations based on population. That way, everybody has to fight similar sized villages and not pick on smaller villages.
cartj

Post by cartj »

Some guy is trying to start a revolution in the MC alliance. Were slaughtering him though.
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Haha, idiotic guy who joined just so we wouldn't attack him...

My point is...kick so we can continue slaughtering him :twisted:
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Here's something funny..

I got my first second village, took some time to find one reasonably nearby with 15 crop fields (and only 1 of each other type:) which is omgawesome for gathering troops, as they obviously cost a lot of crop / hour.

Also had to be in an area without a lot of big villages that could try to conquer it from me.

Found one at 189|17, only village I was somewhat worried about was 188|18 with 150ish inhabitants. Of course not much of a threat to my main village, but he could attack my new one with an insignificant force before I could build up a defense there.

I was just checking if it was his only village or if he has any bigger ones I shoudl worry about. Then I checked what Alliance he's in.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

I just formed an alliance and got the awesomest ASCII art.

everytime I save it all the extra spaces are automatically taken out, however some of the other alliance's art have distinct spaces within them, how do I make it work?

(BTW, it really annoys me when this forum does it too. What purporse does it serve?)

:shock: :x :cry: :cry: :cry:
Also I just got my account to everything with lvl 8 and Glock came and completely cleaned it with his catapults... no buildings... all croplands lvl 0... I messaged him as to why as I had never attacked him, and he answered just for fun.

So I'm deleting that account and making a new one... away from glock.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Try &nbsp without the ;

Check out the names of my villages.
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

wha? what do you mean by "&nsbp without the ;" :puzzled: