My Entry into Photography

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Captain_America

My Entry into Photography

Post by Captain_America »

I have always wanted to leap into photography, but looking at the daunting prices of cameras, I was always turned away. Then I found out while cleaning my attic that my mother had a mint Canon T50, which would serve as the perfect camera for me to start off with according to many reviews (even though it is around 18 years old). So I was just looking for some tips for a starting photographer or maybe some good resources. Considering this uses 35 mm film, I will probably need to buy a scanner so I can do some retouching of the photos on the computer (unless there is another way to do get it from film to computer). I am checking ebay as we speak for a case for this for very cheap so that maybe I could afford a case for this beauty.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Most developers will offer photo CDs; that is, they scan the negatives for you. I don't know what sort of resolutions they deal with, and whether it's something usable.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

35mm for the win.

If it's your average consumer developer you'll probably be better off scanning the prints yourself than getting their photo CD.