Forum policy

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Open topic again?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes: 16

leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Not to a new religious debate, that's for sure
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

why not? The debate on wether there should be a religous debate thread has had more flaming and repeated arguments then its closed siring topic.

@below: Man...I wonder why I worte that (can't actualy rember it) I guess I was a lot more tired than I though last night.
Last edited by necro on Mon 15 Jan, 2007 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Wow, you mixed up possessive words with non-possessive words twice. Not the same mistake either, it's like you've got it totally backwards.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

I think we where discussing the marital state of religious debate threads.
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

I am wondering what exactly happened? Did any and all common sense leave our good members for a time? Or did we just make bad decisions?

Go click on the "register" button sometime and read the ToS before you sign up, we are providing you with a service, that being a bord [ and a really good one at that ] to post things and sorts, and we provide an "Off Topic" forum for you to go off topic responsibly.

Questioning the moderator's moves is a bad decision, in any place. PM the mod, or, if you have tried that, PM another mod about it, we are all a team here to help you guys out.

@necro; You need to find your place, and fast. I see too many of your posts apimed at starting things you well enough know will be ugly debates that we have had in years past.

@DigiTan; Funniest Poster 2007 ;)

@Tim; You are a great guy, but stooping to this kind of low seems unlike you, and I am courious as to why you felt you had to post a topic and not PM, please, your thought process for this decision would be greatly appriceated!

Once again, I feel the mods here are old enough that we know what we are doing, we will not go around closing topics as we please, there is a careful deliberation that goes on for a topic closing, even if it is only inside one of us, it is still present. I feel tr1p1ea had all the right, and even the responsibility to close that topic, and in my opinion, this one is going that way, or has already been there more than enough times to be locked...

...but seeing how I am the 'new guy' I'll leave it to a more experinced mod to decide.
ImageImage
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

don't necropost, cdi...this has been dead for 4 days. And are you insinuating that I was attempting to cause problems as opposed to have a discussion off of topic, per the name of the forum section. Add a "no religion" clause to your rules as it is obviously against the rules by the actions of the staff.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

necro wrote:don't necropost, cdi...this has been dead for 4 days. And are you insinuating that I was attempting to cause problems as opposed to have a discussion off of topic, per the name of the forum section. Add a "no religion" clause to your rules as it is obviously against the rules by the actions of the staff.
He can necropost all he wants, he is a moderator and therefore is well aware of the rules.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

issue is this was dead and not an issue, and now it has to be an issue again and as such, posting on it did not add anything. Further, kv apperntly didn't have a problem as he created the poll and reopend this...and I guess all Im saying is if people don't insinuate that i have some nefarious plans to piss people off I won't care what they do, and it is foolish seeming to think that people ought not ask questions when the reason is not obvious or is there an infraction fo the rules as they stand. Aperntly, my topic was closed and I am fine with that, it was how it was closed and it was the words choosen in regards to it that I feel are undeserved. Honestly, cdi is not my mother and should not act so, and if he has a problem with me why must he publicaly state it instead of using a pm when he complained about this himself, perhaps a bit of hypocracy?
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Once again, I feel the mods here are old enough that we know what we are doing, we will not go around closing topics as we please, there is a careful deliberation that goes on for a topic closing, even if it is only inside one of us, it is still present.
If that is true then a topic such as this can have no negative effect on forum affairs. In fact, it could only improve a feeling of visitor-manager relations through active feedback. So there is both nothing to worry about and no reason to PM it instead, as a topic is more practical untill there's a multi-user-threaded-private-message function in messageboards.

Also, necro, I don't think 4 days of inactivity makes a topic very dead by any means. At least not on this forum, maybe on far more active ones. I think you have an obsession with death.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

My "thought process" is fairly simple: I think it concerns all posters on this board to know where they should expect to walk into the wall of getting their topic closed. And I opened that discussion because it was very unclear to me why Necro's topic got locked.

Your appearent disagreement with the other moderators about keeping this topic open illustrates that you need to have a proper discussion about this amongst yourselves, so why not do it out in the open? :)
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Because then people can point out their hypocrisy if they ever go wrong.