Welcome to the present

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Jim e wrote:Personally I don't know why you would even need that much upload speed. 3mbps+ downloads is has always been more imortant to me. :D
Then again I am saving up for OC-256. 13 Gbps sound about right :twisted:
Actually it matters... low upload will decrease your surfing speed, seeing that you will HAVE TO send data when you request a site :)
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

So it IS Bono :D Sweet, U2 rocks! Never seen Bono like that before... :oops:
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

kv83 wrote:
Jim e wrote:Personally I don't know why you would even need that much upload speed. 3mbps+ downloads is has always been more imortant to me. :D
Actually it matters... low upload will decrease your surfing speed, seeing that you will HAVE TO send data when you request a site :)
No... the only time it matters is when you're trying to host a 512 Person server :twisted:
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

They're almost done setting up fiber optic connections where my brother lives. 15Mbps upload AND download! For $40/month! Unfortunately he got laid off on Monday, and knew he was going to, so he's been working on getting ceritifications, but.. argh. It really sucks, he needs a job because my sister only works part-time as a college teacher (the bastards here won't hire anyone that isn't black for full time -_-;). So yeah, we'll see how this turns out..
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

kv83 wrote:
Dowload speed is still more important for surfing. the amount data you send is pretty small compared to what you download.
Also I didn't recognize Bono either, I remember him with longer hair :D