Playstation MDEC Extraction

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

Playstation MDEC Extraction

Post by thegamefreak0134 »

I have a playstation 1 disc that I wish to extract the in-game movies from, so they will be in a playable format on my computer. I know this can be done, I just can't seem to be able to find the tools to do it on the net. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

-gamefreak
I'm not mad, just a little crazy.

DarkNova - a little side project I run.
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

Hey, you're in luck. I have exactly the program you need. I couldn't find the download link anywhere, so I uploaded it to my rapidshare account

http://rapidshare.com/files/7390213/psx ... nglish.zip

I used to use this when I was extracting some FMVs to make music videos hahha... Enjoy!
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Ahh yes i remember extracting the movies from Tony Hawk back in the day. Come to think of it i still have those movies somewhere.

I dont remember the tool i used but i do recall them being RadGameTools movies, so i needed RadGameTools to convert them once extracted.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
thegamefreak0134
Extreme Poster

Post by thegamefreak0134 »

I cant get to your file, ISUCK. My school blocks free downloads, file sharing, and the like, and my proxy won't let me see the site. (Not too surprised.) You might be able to email it to me as an attatchment, at thegamefreak0134@yahoo.com. Try that.

For the record however, I did find a very nice program that lets me do the job. It says [TRIAL VERSION] at the top, but I haven't seen any signs of expiration of limitations. Odd... Anywho, I converted the movie I wanted, and I'm happy. It is interesting though to hear the movies without the actual music playing, which I'm rather used to. (The waltz of the moon sort of loses its effect...) Intro has music though! So happy...

-thegamefreak
I'm not mad, just a little crazy.

DarkNova - a little side project I run.
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

I sent it to you. Lemme know if it works for you or not.