Please consider the following

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Please consider the following

Post by CDI »

Okay, here's the deal. This year we [ being me and my family ] are in even worse shape than last year [ if you remember me complaining about it ] and the only thing I really want this year is a digital camera, and it being the only thing I want I figured it would be easy no? Well it's not, and I am going to need help to get it. So in order to get help I had a good few people offer to wire me money, but that kinda won't work because mum would kill me for giving out a back acount number or personal info [ not that I don't ] so I set up a PayPal donate button [ seeing how I already had paypal ] on my homepage. Here at the bottom, click the camera =) thank you very much! I owe you all!
ImageImage
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

How much do you need for that camera and how much did you got till now? Why do you need that camera so badly btw?
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

~$200 will secure the camera. I have $38 now [ since PayPal takes 5% of all donations ]. And I need a camera because it will give be the best oppertunity for a job at the local newspaper that needs a photographer. And I could sell my photographs.
ImageImage
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

You're not in Nigeria are you?
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

:o

Speaking of which, the sooner I get a Wii the sooner I get to hacking it. All I need is $250. So for future of homebrew please Donate!!
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

I'd love to help out, but how am I supposed to know you aren't going to spend it all on booze? :D
Not that I'd be able to anyways...I lack a creditcard!
I think, therefore iMac
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Having already seen this on another forum, and choice of camera model, my first thought is why have you picked it? (Though, if people like your good self keep floppy manufacturers in business, go for it!)
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Jim e wrote::o

Speaking of which, the sooner I get a Wii the sooner I get to hacking it. All I need is $250. So for future of homebrew please Donate!!
Second that. I am going to pick up one tommorow, so if you guys donate I can play more games :wink:
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Do all little bits help?
Not that I'd be able to anyways...I lack a creditcard!
International money order and bank transfers work too for paypal.
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

This particular camera runs on floppy disks, which the newspaper requires images to be submitted in. Also I have no USB ports on any of my computers [ they were free, what could I expect :x I can't afford computers with USB ports ] and the manual focus lens makes it tons easier to get the photos they need.

Also, this has been quite a learning experince for me as to how much people actually care around here :? so much for thinking something is worth it just because I may be a friend to some people [ thanks again to those who actually donated, means a lot ]
ImageImage
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Hey wake up, the attitude is just going to mess with people who already find asking for money to buy a christmas gift for yourself so you can pursue a chance at a career you have no experience in is rude enough. It isn't going to get you more money or happyness.

Pushing people away is a great self-defense mechanism though. But enrichment is live is gained more from being free from such self-defense, so, though I don't doubt there could have been a learning experience, your conclusion from it seems more like a step back than a step forward and I don't think that can be considered learning.

Now, do all little bits help or not?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

CDI wrote:This particular camera runs on floppy disks, which the newspaper requires images to be submitted in. Also I have no USB ports on any of my computers [ they were free, what could I expect :x I can't afford computers with USB ports ] and the manual focus lens makes it tons easier to get the photos they need.
USB controller boards are very cheap; and I'm assuming your machine already has a floppy drive. Having seen some example photos, my point was that you can usually get better quality pictures with a cheaper, modern camera. That said, cheaper cameras tend to be automatic only.

Don't assume that because people don't donate money, they don't care. I don't know what other people are earning here, but it's entirely possible they might have as little disposable income as you do.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Exactly. If I would make millions a day, I would buy you that damn camera. But I am glad to have enough money to rent a hous and buy some food. Now, after selling all of my old stuff plus my money for birthday + christmas, i can actually buy a wii. Am I allowed to have one present a year? :S
Floodkiller
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Floodkiller »

If you consider "abosolutely nada", then that is what mine is :P.

I would donate money to you, my video game clans, and lots of other stuff that I do, but I don't have the money to do it with :(
Main Projects:
Zombie Attack: 20%

Side Projects:
???-25%

Staff member of Hikaru Rakuen Programming.
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

There you go. I would have acted nicer if people would actually take this as a tool for a job and not something worthless like a Wii. And the only reason I am asking for donations is not because I want the money, it's because my family needs any income we can get. Right now I am lucky to have internet still, but from what I am seeing it's paid with a loan from my uncle. And after snooping around in bank statements, I get to find out we are below the offical poverty line in ohio -.- [ of course, my relatives would never help, they're assholes ] and I wanted to ask for something so I can get a job [ I have tried, *points to the 63 regection letters from every place in town* ]

But thank you to those that said they would if they could. It still means a lot to see that psople care rather than thing this is some random thing here. [/b]
ImageImage