Firefox 2.0!

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

...and what would be the problem with that?

Isn't that why we pirate software instead of buying it?
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

tr1p1ea wrote:I really do wish that 1 browser would just claim dominance and kill all the others. Its annoying designing sites and then have to fiddle around to get them to appear properly accross the range.
The problem is that without some standardising force different versions of the very same browser can be quite inconsistent...
Arcane WIzard wrote:I disagree, the W3C standards (though not perfect) are very clear and all the deviation of them are very clearly defined bugs.
Have you ever tried to read them with the mind of a browser implementor? I did once when I was more into web stuff, and I clearly remember that they were definitely not without holes when looked at as a spec.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

I already gave my opinion of them. Maybe the specs by themselves can be misinterpreted but the bug reports surely cannot.

It definately doesn't leave room for silly things like IE's inline vs box model inconsistencies.
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

and what is with the :hover thing?!
WERE THEY HIGH?!
I think, therefore iMac
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I must have missed the :hover thing. What :hover thing?

I know IE6 only supported :hover on anchors; I'm assuming that as it already had the mechanism to support different effects on hover anyway (underlined or not) changing it via CSS wasn't too tricky. Extending it to cover any old element was probably a lot of work, hence having to wait for IE7? In any case, there are a multitude of JavaScript hacks that make :hover tricks (such as Suckerfish menus) work nicely.
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

I've got an interesting IE bug where it displays an ordered list like this:

First
Second
Third
1. Fourth
1. Fifth
1. Sixth

The problem with Internet Explorer is that it's got so many varied and seemingly random rendering bugs. I once had a bug where, when you moved the mouse cursor it left a white 'trail' on the page where ever it had been. I had another where in order to get images to load you had to move the mouse cursor over them and they would show up bit by bit.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft